Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE has flat out said that he is dead. Not missing, but dead. They avoided that with the McMahon angle, only that it was presumed. This is real. And extremly, extremly odd. He went home to attend to personal family issues last night, only to be killed? I'm mystified.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 05:29 PM)
I seriously doubt this is an angle, but I swear I will stop watching wrestling forever if it is.

And they have to stop this McMahon angle RIGHT now. They just have to.

I would stop watching WWE forever. I wouldn't blame TNA for Vince's (and Benoit's, at that point) lack of humanity.

That would be too much for me to accept.

I could easily see Vince doing something like that, but I'd be shocked if Benoit would ever go along with something so classless.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
WWE has flat out said that he is dead. Not missing, but dead. They avoided that with the McMahon angle, only that it was presumed. This is real. And extremly, extremly odd. He went home to attend to personal family issues last night, only to be killed? I'm mystified.

I saw a guess on another message board that made sense.

Gas leak. He went home because of illness in the family, and they died overnight.

That would make sense - any other reason for the whole family to die at once would IMO be far more sinister.

We'll have to wait and see.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)

Two theories have already gone through my mind. The first is murder-suicide (which is always my first theory in instances where a couple are found dead). The second is that perhaps Benoit's family problem that forced him to leave the PPV was that his wife passed and he was overcome and took his own life.

I understand I shouldn't be making assumptions already, but that's just what first crossed my mind.

This is a huge loss to the wrestling world. Even those that weren't particularly big fans of Benoit have to understand that he's one of the greats of all time. RIP, Chris. And prayers to everyone involved.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I would stop watching WWE forever. I wouldn't blame TNA for Vince's (and Benoit's, at that point) lack of humanity.

That would be too much for me to accept.

I could easily see Vince doing something like that, but I'd be shocked if Benoit would ever go along with something so classless.

I saw a guess on another message board that made sense.

Gas leak. He went home because of illness in the family, and they died overnight.

That would make sense - any other reason for the whole family to die at once would IMO be far more sinister.

We'll have to wait and see.

I can't find anything online about Benoit having children. Right now it sounds like his family is just his wife. I hope there aren't kids involved.

PWTorch has confirmed Benoit wife Nancy and son Daniel were found dead today in Atlanta! All Raw plans for tonight have been scrapped and will be a tribute show to Benoit. Eddy and Benoit champs on same night now BOTH dead! :o

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Two theories have already gone through my mind. The first is murder-suicide (which is always my first theory in instances where a couple are found dead). The second is that perhaps Benoit's family problem that forced him to leave the PPV was that his wife passed and he was overcome and took his own life.

I understand I shouldn't be making assumptions already, but that's just what first crossed my mind.

This is a huge loss to the wrestling world. Even those that weren't particularly big fans of Benoit have to understand that he's one of the greats of all time. RIP, Chris. And prayers to everyone involved.

I can't find anything online about Benoit having children. Right now it sounds like his family is just his wife. I hope there aren't kids involved.

Confirmed Benoit, Nancy (his wife) and their son.

Damn, damn, damn...

:crying :crying :crying

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
That supports the gas leak theory, I'd imagine.

Jesus, this really sucks.. I always liked Benoit

Thats really unfortunate if it is a gas leak

Haven't been around a computer all day and I come home to read this. f***! We, as wrestling fans, have been going through this way to often lately.

End the McMahon angle now!!

i about drove off the road after hearing this on an overnight sports show early this morning. As sad as it is to say....after watching Vince handle things with Eddie G. i wonder how long it will take before he starts pimping out Benoit's memory is stupid storylines. Benoit has been my favorite for years and i pray that due to the situation that the Benoits died, Vince will have enough class to NEVER bring it up.

:pray

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
i about drove off the road after hearing this on an overnight sports show early this morning. As sad as it is to say....after watching Vince handle things with Eddie G. i wonder how long it will take before he starts pimping out Benoit's memory is stupid storylines. Benoit has been my favorite for years and i pray that due to the situation that the Benoits died, Vince will have enough class to NEVER bring it up.

It's a different situation. There's no one on the WWE roster that invokes Benoit's name and image like Eddie's family for him. And besides, if it's true that he killed his wife and seven year old child, WWE will be distancing itself from him, not bringing him in.

I've always wondered: were the Guerrerros okay with McMahon "pimping" them? I always thought they approved of the storylines and it was to make them money, but I don't know.

a couple more details.....

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Details of the deaths "are going to prove a little bizarre" when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths, but he would not say how the three died.

"We're pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Authorities also declined to say whether drugs or steroids were found inside the house. "We're not releasing any information as far as what was located inside the house," sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said Tuesday.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Whiteside said toxicology tests could take up to a week or longer to complete.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., said it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths.

Benoit was born in Montreal. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. He was known by several names including "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said Bret Hart, a five-time champion with the now-defunct World Wrestling Federation.

Man...i'm really hoping the 'roids weren't involved. He was my favorite and one of the few wrestlers I have personally met that wasn't a douche. Chris..you will be missed.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:15 AM)
It's a different situation. There's no one on the WWE roster that invokes Benoit's name and image like Eddie's family for him. And besides, if it's true that he killed his wife and seven year old child, WWE will be distancing itself from him, not bringing him in.

I've always wondered: were the Guerrerros okay with McMahon "pimping" them? I always thought they approved of the storylines and it was to make them money, but I don't know.

Vickie Guerrero has been making a decent living with Chavo in the past year, Im sure she is ok with it. Heck, even his (twin) brother Hector is making some dough off of TNA

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
So the wrestling industry is going to take an absolute and undeserved beating in the oncoming media onslaught. Not going to be fun.

I actually don't think its going to be anything, what are they gonna rip them about?

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
I actually don't think its going to be anything, what are they gonna rip them about?

i dont know, maybe "Rampant Steroid use in Wrestling causes many to die young in the Industry"

spotlight on British Bulldog, Mr Perfect, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit

just a hunch