Politte Continues to Struggle

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe Politte could pitch any worse if someone ordered him to intentionally throw meatballs.

If there's any benefit to his recent meltdowns, it should be there's no doubt Politte is done with this team. How many times can we give him a chance; throw him another inning, without realizing his troubles go beyond physical ailments.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
I don't believe Politte could pitch any worse if someone ordered him to intentionally throw meatballs.

If there's any benefit to his recent meltdowns, it should be there's no doubt Politte is done with this team. How many times can we give him a chance; throw him another inning, without realizing his troubles go beyond physical ailments.

He's been dishing out more meatballs than the Olive Garden lately.

Thats twice now since being recalled Crede has thrown 1 good inning but than giving up a run or two after coming in for a 2nd. He really doesnt deserve a roster spot at all with how he has pitched but if he is going to stay with the big league club lets hope at least he is restricted to 1 inning only.

I was a huge Politte supporter his first season with the whitesox and knew he would fix things up. Than a course in 2005 he had that great year... now he is even worse than he was in 04 and ill just say I wont shed a tear if Tracey/Montero/Hermanson are called up and he is released. That being said I really do appreciate his contributions to the 05 team and how he was a huge part of thats team dominance.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Personally, I'm of the opinion that it should probably be locked, as it's the foulest thing I've read here on SoxTalk.

Politte has been bad. You probably should be directing your anger at Ozzie for subjecting Cliff to this ridicule for continuing to use him when its quite evident he just doesn't have it anymore. Politte is not getting nearly the abuse Marte got, and he was always better than Cliff. I also don't see Cliff getting the abuse Shingo got last year, and Shingo was better in 2004 than Politte in 2005, and better in 2005 than Politte in 2006. These guys get paid a lot of money and are expected to perform. If they perform as poorly as Cliff has, even he would understand the thread.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Thats twice now since being recalled Crede has thrown 1 good inning but than giving up a run or two after coming in for a 2nd. He really doesnt deserve a roster spot at all with how he has pitched but if he is going to stay with the big league club lets hope at least he is restricted to 1 inning only.

I was a huge Politte supporter his first season with the whitesox and knew he would fix things up. Than a course in 2005 he had that great year... now he is even worse than he was in 04 and ill just say I wont shed a tear if Tracey/Montero/Hermanson are called up and he is released. That being said I really do appreciate his contributions to the 05 team and how he was a huge part of thats team dominance.

Crede?!

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
You haven't been here long. I've seen way worse than this.

I'm happy that you have. I was just commenting on my own view of it.

I can't quite shake the disgust I have for this post. Cliff's not a rookie like Boone Logan; he isn't someone who has been with the club for a month, or some other trivial amount of time. He's a guy who helped take us to the World Series and has given us everything he possibly can. His career is disintegrating, and I think it should be obvious that he'll be done sooner rather than later.

But it is obscene in the worst sense that there is no gratitude toward him, no nuance, no kind words whatsoever. It's as if he's a piece of meat to be discarded completely.

Hey, listen, I don't like to lose games anymore than anyone, but my memory isn't so short and my heart not so dark as to laugh at someone in what might just be their worst moment, professionally at least, and certainly not when he's been on our team and done what he's done for us.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
He's been dishing out more meatballs than the Olive Garden lately.

Don't let Tommy Lasorda know...

Ozzie has given Pollitte about 5 times as much rope as he needed to hang himself. He's been hanging from the tree since May, it's time to cut him down.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Politte has been bad. You probably should be directing your anger at Ozzie for subjecting Cliff to this ridicule for continuing to use him when its quite evident he just doesn't have it anymore. Politte is not getting nearly the abuse Marte got, and he was always better than Cliff. I also don't see Cliff getting the abuse Shingo got last year, and Shingo was better in 2004 than Politte in 2005, and better in 2005 than Politte in 2006. These guys get paid a lot of money and are expected to perform. If they perform as poorly as Cliff has, even he would understand the thread.

I'm not angry. I'm just a tad disenchanted with the way Cliff's being treated.

And, you know, I understand that they're expected to perform for their money, but Kenny Williams is the General Manager, and I'd be stunned if he's sitting in his skybox right now going, "That worthless mother f***er -- his career is OVA! I'm not going to pay him to do this! I'm going to cut him so fast he might turn into Angry Cliff on the way out. Wouldn't that be funny? Worthless smuck."

There's one hell of a difference between being utterly foul and classless and running a ballclub.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm happy that you have. I was just commenting on my own view of it.

I can't quite shake the disgust I have for this post. Cliff's not a rookie like Boone Logan; he isn't someone who has been with the club for a month, or some other trivial amount of time. He's a guy who helped take us to the World Series and has given us everything he possibly can. His career is disintegrating, and I think it should be obvious that he'll be done sooner rather than later.

But it is obscene in the worst sense that there is no gratitude toward him, no nuance, no kind words whatsoever. It's as if he's a piece of meat to be discarded completely.

Hey, listen, I don't like to lose games anymore than anyone, but my memory isn't so short and my heart not so dark as to laugh at someone in what might just be their worst moment, professionally at least, and certainly not when he's been on our team and done what he's done for us.

Look, I will be forever in debt to Cliff for the role he played last year. I've said that about 674 times this year. But it's 2006 now. I want to repeat. I want it this year more than last year. Cliff Politte hurts the chances of us winning again. That's all that really matters.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Well, we ALL KNOW Ozzie nor Kenny will move this guy. He's here to stay, and during that stay, he's here to make our bullpen ERA bloated.

Here's one for you Cliff: f*** YOU!

Who is going to want him? Someone may take the chance if the White Sox pick up the tab. KW will not keep him around unless he shows he can get people out. I really don't know how much more he has to see. If the organization is as high on him as a man as it appears, and from what I understand Cliff is a very good guy, they really need to take him out of his misery right now. He just embarrassing himself on the mound.

it is really really f***ing lame some of the s*** that the mods on this site have been doing lately. changing threads, deleteing posts.... the freedom of expression was the best thing about soxtalk... its starting to change, i suspect because there are more mods.... the users who become mods tend to abuse their authority sometimes because it makes them feel special.

if i wanna say, "hey cliff, your f***ing done"

then i can it.... only problem is, i might come back and see that its been changed to: "hey cliff, your tutu is pink and its on fire... please jump in the ocean with a 20 pound lead weight attached."

lame.

Most soxtalk posters who know me well know I'm optimistic to a fault

You know what's ACTUALLY disgusting? the fact that I WANTED to see him struggle a bit tonight to further the case that he be DFA'd as soon as humanly possible.

It's not a case of a few bad innings here and there.

It's EVERY OUTING. EVERY TIME.

Sure, thanks for the memories Cliff. Whatever. Thanks to Shingo for the memories too. And Crazy Carl. They was part of a championship season too. Does Cliff enjoy some sort of special exemption from harshness because he's still with the team?

Seriously, this season has been maybe the worst composite of relief work I've ever seen from a proven veteran in a White Sox uniform.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)

I love me some Shingo, but no, Cliff was better in 05 than Shingo was in 04. Just FYI.