Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
I think everyone needs to slow their roll on the staff for a minute. Sure our offense is carrying us right now and the staff vastly overachieved last year and are underachieving this year but they will come around.

They will not be able to duplicate last year's numbers but I never expected them to be that great again this year and neither did Kenny and therefore upgraded the offense. Remember...baseball is a LONG season and has many peaks and valleys....no need to jump on and off the bus so quickly.

Uh...we're halfway done and our starters have ERAs of:

Buehrle: 4.02

Garcia: 4.72 (entering today)

Garland: 5.30

Vazquez: 5.15

Contreras: 3.31

The staff did overachieve last year but having two starters with an ERA on the wrong side of 5 (possibly 3 after today is done) is f***ing ridiculous for a playoff contending team.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
i hope you are joking here.

haha thats what im saying, verlander, who actually has a FASTball, over freddy? in a second. any of our starters for verlander, except for mark and jose.

>i just HATE vazquez. jeez, i would trade him for anyone that could help

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
At what point is it time to push the panic button? It has to be this month because after that there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Why do you need a panic button when you have the second best record in MLB? :huh

All you people fantasizing about Verlander or Bonderman please tell me what they have won besides a few regular season games? When they beat someone in the playoffs and win a game that truly means something then you can come to me and talk about how great they are.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
All you people fantasizing about Verlander or Bonderman please tell me what they have won besides a few regular season games? When they beat someone in the playoffs and win a game that truly means something then you can come to me and talk about how great they are.

Man, I sure wish we had had Randy Johnson in our rotation last season instead of Buehrle or Garland

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Uh...we're halfway done and our starters have ERAs of:

Buehrle: 4.02

Garcia: 4.72 (entering today)

Garland: 5.30

Vazquez: 5.15

Contreras: 3.31

The staff did overachieve last year but having two starters with an ERA on the wrong side of 5 (possibly 3 after today is done) is f***ing ridiculous for a playoff contending team.

the sad thing is that were gunna win it all or die with this staff. no one is going anywhere.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)

well, lets see, seeing that verlander and bonderman have never had the chance to pitch in the post-season, its pretty hard to use that against them

however, verlanders 98 mph fastball, his 82 mph changeup and his bobbyjenks yellow-hammer, compare well with freddys 87 mph fastball.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)

Ok, great analysis. I'd rather have Jon Garland over Roy Halladay because Garland's won a playoff game.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
f***ING OWNED!!!!!!

:cheers :cheers :notworthy :notworthy

Nuke, I think he was making a point against you. Last year, Garland and Buehrle had won nothing in the playoffs, whereas Johnson had. This year, we have the Randy Johnson type, and the Tigers have the Garland/Buehrle types.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
At what point is it time to push the panic button? It has to be this month because after that there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I'll say it's time to push the panic button when our starting pitchers are significantly worse than the #4 starting staff in the AL in terms of ERA.