Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
They have out-played us today.

I think hitting is about the same, their starters are better, and bullpens are about same. I would give them the edge.

Boston's starters are #10 in the AL in ERA, CHW's starters are #4. Boston's Bullpen is #6 and we're #7 in ERA. Boston's offense is #3 in the AL, we're #1.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
How do our starters get better, people?

How does Garcia get his velocity back? How does Vazquez stop making the mistakes he's made his entire career? How do Buehrle and Garland stop being completely inconsistent?

It's about time we accept the fact that we'll have to slug our way into and through the playoffs if we hope to get to where we did last year.

Nobody is denying that the starting pitching has been subpar, but it's incredibably ridiculous to absolutely give up on them with no hope that they can turn it back around, especially given their track records. Have a little f***in' faith.

Bases loaded. Thome.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
I find these new guys funny since they have no idea who i am. :huh:

Having Jim Thome in your signature is clearly the mark of a Twins fan.

I'll bet you just like homeruns, and being a Twin fan, you haven't seen more from any other batter beside Thome!

A slam here puts us up by 1.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
Boston's starters are #10 in the AL in ERA, CHW's starters are #4. Boston's Bullpen is #6 and we're #7 in ERA. Boston's offense is #3 in the AL, we're #1.

Balta 1 Frankensteiner 0