Official HR Derby Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
I figured since we have one of our own representing us this year, we ought to have a thread in PHT to discuss it.

I really think Dye is gonna take this thing home.

Dye has no chance, a lefty will win this.

It seems to me that usually one of the guys you least expect to make a run always winds up having a very good Derby. Dye and Glaus are probably the 2 least-known on the list, so I would be willing to bet at least one of them makes the finals.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
It seems to me that usually one of the guys you least expect to make a run always winds up having a very good Derby. Dye and Glaus are probably the 2 least-known on the list, so I would be willing to bet at least one of them makes the finals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Glaus won it. A very smooth swing he has, he can defenitely make some noise. He might not have the most homeruns in each round, but he'll break out when it matters the most (the last round) I want Dye to win it, but at the same time it wouldn't bother me if he didn't. I don't want to see him get homer happy in the second half of the season even if I think he's more professional than that.

I was at a sports book earlier today and was a little surprised to see Jermaine listed as the least favorite to win tonight at 12-1. Furthermore, they had a matchup between him and Berkman. In it, JD was listed at +150 while Berkman was -180. I didn't think Dye would be the favorite to win this event....but I sure thought he'd get more respect than this. Go get 'em JD!

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
Im not abig fan of the HR derby, i hope Dye does well though.

Id much rather watch a

duck snort derby

basestealing derby

double play turning derby

sac fly derby

strikeout derby

sac bunt derby.

The duck snort derby is overrated, I more a fan of the gork shot derby.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
I've always been a fan of the HR derby. They just keep getting amazing. McGwire's in Boston, Giambi in Seattle, Sosa in Atlanta and Milwaukee, Anderon/Pujols in Chicago, Tejada in Houston, Abreu in Detroit...

Wow, you can actually track the improvement of those drugs with time.