The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
Francona and Torre have made him look like quite the chump lately.

The Yankees have done everything possible to create offense this series. Meanwhile, we continue to play station-to-station. The worst example was in the first game of the series, and Anderson had a leadoff hit. Instead of trying to create something with Ozuna at the plate, Ozzie lets him swing away and he hits a weak grounder to 2nd.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
Yeah, I was in Lake Geneva at the time, for 3 days, watching the Cinci series telling myself "Man, what a life! My team is destroying everyone, and I'm enjoying myself in an awesome house in Lake Geneva!"

Now, I'm sitting in my house back here, watching my team suck for the past week, and I don't have anything else to do on this fine Sunday afternoon.

You could go outside and sweat your bag off.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
Should be Riske for one inning, Tracey for two, and Thornton for one.

I like Sean, but I didn't want to see him today, cause I knew if we did, it'd be for bad reasons.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if BMac will throw today....it might be telling if he doesn't.

I love it when Heads speculates

Anyone else think of Zelda 64 with the guy who sells the magic beans when they showed Riske warming up? Bobby Jenks was sitting in a chair take little bites out of something. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
Garcia was facing the Yanks....was there any doubt?

He pulls a good game out of his ass on the order of about once a month. Thought this might have been the game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
"Hawk, I think I figured out our problem. We need to score more runs. If we can score 10, 11 runs a game, we should be fine. I think thats the problem."

At this point youd have to agree with him. This team has morphed into the 90's Indians teams

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
He pulls a good game out of his ass on the order of about once a month. Thought this might have been the game.

I know I'm Mr. Pessimism, but there was just a terrible vibe throughout this wknd series. Sadly, there wasn't a doubt in my mind Garcia would get rocked, especially after the debacle in the top of the 1st inning.

Ozzie should be embarrassed after this series, but he probably won't. He'll blame other people and shrug the responsibility off on someone else. There's not much he can do if his starter's pitch like this but he's making things worse out there.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
At this point youd have to agree with him. This team has morphed into the 90's Indians teams

At least those team had some great defense.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
Wright done.

He's lucky he didn't give up 8 runs today. He didn't have anything on his pitches, and we were a hit or two away from starting the conga line.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
We let Wright off the hook too many time. Hardly deserves a standing O on his way out.

Hell....at least he got good results. He'd be our 2nd best pitcher right now.