AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER

Buehrle>Wood

But the thing is, from what I've seen myself (limited) and read, his fielding is just plain terrible. The guy seems to be a 1B/DH in the making.

So, that being the case, where would he fit in with the Sox organization in the next few years?

He can be the next Gload! Yes, let's keep him and not upgrade the team this year with a midseason trade so we can have Gload II.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Zoogz @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Quick note from the Tigers fan...

You guys realize that the Sox outscored the Tigers through this series, right? That the final game, this one, was a one-run game that could have legitimately went either way as one-run games often do? I saw much the same talk from Tigers fans after the Tigers started 0-5 against the Sox who all said that the Tigers just could not compete.

This is a small sample size. Even smaller than a playoff series. And anything can happen. While I understand that losing sucks, I am still petrified of your team far more than of the streaking Yankees or the Twins. In all seriousness, you guys should be proud of a team that is, in July, doing as well as the Sox are (and have proven themselves winners).

As you may have noticed, the Tigers offense is horrid too. The Yankees have an outfield of stiffs and a pitching staff barely held together. The Twins consist of two great pitchers and two great position players. EVERY team has holes, and in all honesty the White Sox' holes are pretty miniscule compared to those teams.

I have no clue which way this season will go, but I am still looking forward to an awesome stretch run and fully expecting the Sox to not only heat up but to make a major run. And hey, I hope it happens anyway, as the AL East has been in the playoffs far too long for my tastes anyway.

Feel free to direct any additional flames you have my way, I don't mind. :)

Awesome post and enjoy the ride. You guys deserve it and I know I'll be pulling for the Tigers to get into the playoffs (obviously not at the expense of the Sox) but both teams are well built and deserving and if they take care of business down the stretch I'll be looking forward to a nice matchup in October.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Interesting. I don't know much about Torrealba. How's his defense? Just curious.

I've heard some bad things about his attitude. He does have a pretty strong throwing arm. Miguel Olivo would be perfect as our back-up catcher about now, but I can't see him being brought back (and yes, I know our pitchers didn't like throwing to him).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Awesome post and enjoy the ride. You guys deserve it and I know I'll be pulling for the Tigers to get into the playoffs (obviously not at the expense of the Sox) but both teams are well built and deserving and if they take care of business down the stretch I'll be looking forward to a nice matchup in October.

Yep...and it's fun to point out to my fiance that I struck out Granderson a few times in high school.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
a.) Brady Clark. Gives us a real platoon partner for Podsednik, and it guarantees Mackowiak won't see much CF in the second half. They have Gross and Hall who can play CF, and Hart (?) can fill in the corners. They could use pitching, so maybe Phillips/Haeger plus a lesser prospect could get it done?

He's still not a terrible idea at this point, but the one thing is: I don't want another player that Ozzie feels needs to get playing time ahead of Brian Anderson. You know that's what would happen, Clark would play some in LF, but he'd also play some in CF, and Mack would still play some in CF, and Anderson's at bats, and our CF defense, would go down even more.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
anyone think the Tigers will wiin 109 games, their current pace?

No but the clock is ticking, if the Tigers play .500 the rest of the way they will finish with 98 wins. The Sox would need to play .600 ball the rest of the way to match them. It could happen. The Tigers are playing .674 ball right now, if they continue the Sox would need to play .750 to tie. Now were talking unlikely.

One thing I have learned as a baseball fan, everyday is a new day, you can't tell whats going to happen until it happens.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
anyone think the Tigers will wiin 109 games, their current pace?

No. They'll have a two week stretch at some point where they don't play good baseball. It's gonna happen. The only two teams I can think of that avoided any kind of real slump during the course of an entire season are the '98 Yankees and '01 Mariners. 95-100 wins is more realistic.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
No but the clock is ticking, if the Tigers play .500 the rest of the way they will finish with 98 wins. The Sox would need to play .600 ball the rest of the way to match them. It could happen. The Tigers are playing .674 ball right now, if they continue the Sox would need to play .750 to tie. Now were talking unlikely.

One thing I have learned as a baseball fan, everyday is a new day, you can't tell whats going to happen until it happens.

If they get Soriano, like I think they will, the AL is in a lot of trouble.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)

you're right there, it is a funny sport. Sox had a 3.5 game lead in May which they lost over the course of 9 days when they went 3-5 and the kitties didn't lose.

Bottom line? Even if detroit stumbles (which I think they will, but certainly not collapse) it makes no difference if the Sox can't capitalize on it. It would be fun going into August 11-13 if the Sox were within 2 or 3, which means they have to pick up 2 or 3 games over the next 19 games. For that to happen they have to play much, much better. Starting right now!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
If they get Soriano, like I think they will, the AL is in a lot of trouble.

I think Stoneman is finally going to give up some of those prospects and make a deal, at least that's what I'm hearing out here. Anaheim has more to offer.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
I will say this now. The division race, is over. Congrats to the Tigers, they have played amazingly.

Can the Sox work out an arrangement with the Commissioner's office where they settle now for a 3rd place finish, and just go through the motions on the rest of their games? I mean, it's all over anyway, so why even pretend that they have a chance, right?

Pour a bucket of teal over the preceding paragraph. My gosh, it's July 20, and the division race is over? No real polite way to say this: get a grip! :D

QUOTE(Zoogz @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
Quick note from the Tigers fan...

You guys realize that the Sox outscored the Tigers through this series, right? That the final game, this one, was a one-run game that could have legitimately went either way as one-run games often do? I saw much the same talk from Tigers fans after the Tigers started 0-5 against the Sox who all said that the Tigers just could not compete.

This is a small sample size. Even smaller than a playoff series. And anything can happen. While I understand that losing sucks, I am still petrified of your team far more than of the streaking Yankees or the Twins. In all seriousness, you guys should be proud of a team that is, in July, doing as well as the Sox are (and have proven themselves winners).

As you may have noticed, the Tigers offense is horrid too. The Yankees have an outfield of stiffs and a pitching staff barely held together. The Twins consist of two great pitchers and two great position players. EVERY team has holes, and in all honesty the White Sox' holes are pretty miniscule compared to those teams.

I have no clue which way this season will go, but I am still looking forward to an awesome stretch run and fully expecting the Sox to not only heat up but to make a major run. And hey, I hope it happens anyway, as the AL East has been in the playoffs far too long for my tastes anyway.

Feel free to direct any additional flames you have my way, I don't mind. :)

Great post. Thank you for that. It saved an otherwise pathetic thread.