Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balance @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
Leaving for the ballpark soon. Have there been any pregame warnings or anything like that?

Yes....fans in the outfield have been advised to wear a helmet when Garcia is on the mound.

This is a very winnable game for the White Sox, Koronka has been struggling mightily and has not performed well against the White Sox. Provided the White Sox get over their long ball syndrome tonight, I'm not too concerned about the offense. It will all come down to Garcia - let's hope he can stay away from that one big inning.

Time for the big guns on this team, Konerko, Thome, Crede, and Dye to step up tonight. Huge game to get that game lost to the Tigers last night right back. Cannot fall any farther behind those guys.

I always thought this team had great character and would stand up when challenged. Start showing that tonight!

A friend of mine had this to say to me about Freddy:

"I just think he's lost it. The extra weight, the lack of concentration, the marijuana, whatever. He's not the pitcher he once was." That's how I'm feeling right now. Isn't it amazing how far Freddy's fallen, for a guy who led the League in ERA in 2001 to this?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Ozuna's in LF tonight leading off. Besides that, it's the same lineup from last night.

It makes me want to cry when I see him in the lineup. It would be amazing if he could actually see more than 1 pitch in his first AB, but thats probably too much to ask for.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
It makes me want to cry when I see him in the lineup. It would be amazing if he could actually see more than 1 pitch in his first AB, but thats probably too much to ask for.

Before his injury, he was absolutely a spark plug. However, the magic seems gone, and he's been having some bad at-bats. I'm more worried about his defense in LF, especially with Rangers hitters pulling Garcia's 86 mph fastball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
Before his injury, he was absolutely a spark plug. However, the magic seems gone, and he's been having some bad at-bats. I'm more worried about his defense in LF, especially with Rangers hitters pulling Garcia's 86 mph fastball.

Yeah, but if Garcia shows up with those meatballs tonight, it won't matter who's in left

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
When's the last time you heard Hawk Harrelson say, "the White Sox, after Vazquez's implosion, trail 2 to 7"? You don't.

Because our pitchers are typically going on the support of one run through 5 innings, game after game after game, until the finally cave. Of course there's no excuse for this, and we did just fine that way last year, but we "upgraded" the offense specifically to avoid this risk and they simply are not delivering. We have no excuse for leaving an inexcusable amount of runners stranded, specifically as the result of our 3-4-5 not coming through. I long for that feeling where we are tied and hit a double that scores two runs

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Because our pitchers are typically going on the support of one run through 5 innings, game after game after game, until the finally cave. Of course there's no excuse for this, and we did just fine that way last year, but we "upgraded" the offense specifically to avoid this risk and they simply are not delivering. We have no excuse for leaving an inexcusable amount of runners stranded, specifically as the result of our 3-4-5 not coming through. I long for that feeling where we are tied and hit a double that scores two runs

That is true, but that's not the point I was trying to make. Simply put, I was trying to prove that when you state the score, it's always the high number first.

It's important for us to capitalize right now on Tigers losses. I've been saying for awhile that their pitching's finally going down as most have predicted, and while they haven't been bad, they've been a much weaker team in the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we're in our slump at the same time, or else we'd have noticed this in the standings.

With their loss today, and more that I anticipate in the next couple as their pitching's hit a bumpy road right now, we need to start winning again. Earlier in the year, either in June or May (I can't recall), the Tigers last slumped, and while it wasn't anything major, it was something we would've done well to capitalize on but didn't, as we slumped at the same time.

We can't do it again.

Dye with a great catch. They all seemed to be running in slow motion, but he timed the dive perfectly.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Alright, well i dont have access to a tv, so i had no idea.

No, I don't blame you at all. I know when I'm at work and relying on this thread for updates, I get annoyed if people post jokes as if they're the truth.

After 3 batters, Hawk with some strong comments about Garcia.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
Dye with a great catch. They all seemed to be running in slow motion, but he timed the dive perfectly.

No, I don't blame you at all. I know when I'm at work and relying on this thread for updates, I get annoyed if people post jokes as if they're the truth.

aint that the truth, i work at a sports club and this old couple is watching CNN. I can't wait til they leave so i can turn it to WGN. LEAVE ALREADY.