7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
are you serious? even if he's been decent today that still doesnt excuse this happening EVERY TIME OUT.

Every time out...the guy is a 200 inning pitcher so its not as if his entire career he's making this mistake (struggling later in games). Its not a matter of the 6th inning, its more so a matter of him having a mechanical flaw which was CORRECTED tonight (he changed the way he pitched with a runner on and it prevented him from rolling his breaking balls).

This club needs Javy and he's given them a quality start tonight and should be out in the 7th inning. The offense has been the one to fail to execute thus far tonight but it seems to be working opposite field and I'm confident in our chances.

Oh an this post goes to all...for spiff sakes stop over-reacting, watch the games and watch the pitches, it will be a whole lot easier to evaluate things.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're coming back it's against Radke.

I'm not confident with Minnesota's bullpen back him up.

And Vazquez? Something definitely needs to be done. Whether that's a trade or limiting him to 5 innings, we can't continue to forsake victories so he can "figure it out."

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
Of course this is two times in a row with Javy where I've gotten home to turn on the TV only to witness Javy give up a 2-0 lead right away.

Ditto

And where did our offense go?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
Ditto

And where did our offense go?

It's homer or nothing. In July, we're actually 2nd in all of baseball in homers hit. However, our offense has struggled the last few weeks.

This is the last negative thing I'll say about the Vazquez debacle...no one makes a lead disappear quicker than Vazquez.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Vazquez did give up the runs, but for f***s sake, our offense has got to pick him up.

We can't expect our pitchers to win every damn game with only 1 or 2 runs scored by our offense.

Thankfully Gload is in the lineup to spark things.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Why is Gload in the lineup? Is Dye hurt? Isn't Makowiak a better corner OF option?

day off. it happens. just surprised it's against the twins...

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
Why is Gload in the lineup? Is Dye hurt? Isn't Makowiak a better corner OF option?

Dye probably got the day off cause he looked bad against Padilla, even though Padilla has had his number all year. Dye had struggled against Radke in his career, but he's hit a couple of homers against him the last few times we've faced him. I have absolutely no clue why Mackowiak isn't playing in RF over Gload. He's better in every single aspect.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)

Dye struck out not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR times in the last game. He is being given a break. Big deal.