7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

Direct Quote from Nuke,

"Vazquez is a worthless piece of spiff. He is the greatest 5 inning, barely qualigy for a win worthless dirtbag who ever picked up a baseball."

Hey don't shoot the messenger. Does this make me a narc?

O, the swear filter is pretty (a term for a man who likes another man). and so is suspending someone for calling it that.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
I understand EVERTHING is on Oz here, but with 85 pitchers from Javy to start the 7th, and the stuff he has had all game, I really dont think it was that bold of a move to keep Javy out there. Javy made good pitches on the HR balls, Twins put some great swings on the ball, simple as that.

Something needs to be done about Javy and his late inning falters, but leaving him out in the 7th after watching him all game isnt a bad call IMO.

Thank You!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
and the change was so sudden, too. All goes back to that Boston series and they were playing so well going into it. It looks as if they've lost confidence, which is dumbfounding.

I don't think they were playing all that well coming into it. They won their series against the Pirates and the Cubs (two of the worst teams in baseball), but not very convincingly. Its been downhill since then. Hopefully they can come back again tonight and turn this funk around.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
Direct Quote from Nuke,

"Vazquez is a worthless piece of spiff. He is the greatest 5 inning, barely qualigy for a win worthless dirtbag who ever picked up a baseball."

O, the swear filter is pretty (a term for a man who likes another man). and so is suspending someone for calling it that.

:lol:

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Direct Quote from Nuke,

And you can have fun being suspended as well.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
I understand EVERTHING is on Oz here, but with 85 pitchers from Javy to start the 7th, and the stuff he has had all game, I really dont think it was that bold of a move to keep Javy out there. Javy made good pitches on the HR balls, Twins put some great swings on the ball, simple as that.

Something needs to be done about Javy and his late inning falters, but leaving him out in the 7th after watching him all game isnt a bad call IMO.

But Tony, When you see the same horror movie over and over, when you hear the music you know what is going to happen. Vaz +6 = toast.

Unfortunately this is his MO. He looks like Cy Young, and then when the clock strikes 6 he turns into Felix Diaz.

I'm just tired of them scoring a majority of their runs on HRs lately, it's something like 45% for the season, has to be higher the last few weeks

Wow, looks like Sox caught a break, let's shut them down and score 2 gosh darn runs!!!

Man, Uribe has a cannon, but every throw home lately has been off

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Direct Quote from Nuke,

I miss Nuke

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Jeez. I'm looking at the Twins lineup and am baffled as to how they are beating us.

I think I read somewhere that they had the best offense in the league since June 8. Granted, they haven't played many (1 or 2) teams with .500 records in that span.