7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
The game thread is relatively quiet all night then Javy gives up 3 in the 6th and suddenly everyone comes out of the woodwork. Funny how that works.

why the fish is he still pitching? thats the big question

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
It would just be great for him to actually not choke in the middle innings. The 3rd time thru the lineup really kills him.

He made the pitches, the only exceptoin was Morneu hit a semi hitable pitch (still a decent pitch in which Morneau hit ofut off the end of his bat). Cuddyer's pitch was a good pitch.

3 runs is not the worse thing in the world over 6 innings and his stuff looks fabulous. You can't expect shutouts every game and all you can ask is for a guy to make his pitches and keep a team in the game. Thus far Javy has done just that.

And not to slam on ya, but considering your listening to the game (or thats my assumption since you talked about Singleton) I find it hard for you to comment on him choking if you haven't seened the pitches.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
I dont know why people are upset with Ozzie... this guy is apposed to be a top of the line starter... a manager shouldnt have to pull him out after 5 scoreless innings.

Because it's been a pattern in way too many of his starts. I don't mind him staying in to face Cuddyer. However, I don't have the slightest clue why he was left in to face Morneau. I don't freaking care if he's unable to get the win. The Sox getting the win is a lot more important.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
can some1 please explain to me why the f" ozzie let javy pitch to justin after that homer(cotts was ready)...and countinues to let him pitch....we all saw this coming.

Because it wasn't a bad pitch. Javy wasn't rolling breaking balls or overthrowing. All you do is tip your cap and show faith in your pitcher. Ozzie made the right call and I'd have Javy out again in the 7th.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
You can't expect shutouts every game and all you can ask is for a guy to make his pitches and keep a team in the game. Thus far Javy has done just that.

are you serious? even if he's been decent today that still doesnt excuse this happening EVERY TIME OUT.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
So what's Vazquez's ERA in the 6th inning? 15?

Sports center had a stat that showed the white sox have the worst 6th-7th inning era out of our starters. I think it was in the high 6's low 7's

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
I dont know why people are upset with Ozzie... this guy is apposed to be a top of the line starter... a manager shouldnt have to pull him out after 5 scoreless innings.

Yet we all know that about the third time he goes through a lineup he gets rocked. He's "supposed" to be a great pitcher, but he isn't.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Sports center had a stat that showed the white sox have the worst 6th-7th inning era out of our starters. I think it was in the high 6's low 7's

It was worst among teams over .500, and 5th worst overall. The number itself was in the upper 5's.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
He made the pitches, the only exceptoin was Morneu hit a semi hitable pitch (still a decent pitch in which Morneau hit ofut off the end of his bat). Cuddyer's pitch was a good pitch.

3 runs is not the worse thing in the world over 6 innings and his stuff looks fabulous. You can't expect shutouts every game and all you can ask is for a guy to make his pitches and keep a team in the game. Thus far Javy has done just that.

And not to slam on ya, but considering your listening to the game (or thats my assumption since you talked about Singleton) I find it hard for you to comment on him choking if you haven't seened the pitches.

Yeah, I'm following it online. See my last post...facing Cuddyer was fine. However, if you have Cotts up in the pen, there's not a chance in hell he should have been allowed to stay in. The 3rd time thru the lineup is murder on this guy, and Ozzie just gave him the chance to get the loss.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can some1 please explain to me why the f" ozzie let javy pitch to justin after that homer(cotts was ready)...and countinues to let him pitch....we all saw this coming.

I was the 6th inning with one out, he was somewhere close to 80 pitches, and the White Sox are already short a reliever in the pen.

Clear?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
The game thread is relatively quiet all night then Javy gives up 3 in the 6th and suddenly everyone comes out of the woodwork. Funny how that works.

myself included..... but it's hard not to see this coming every start. at least the rest of the rotation is coming around and this game is not over either

This is miserable.

I wonder what the hell it is that makes his pitching so absolutely unhittable early on and his pitching worthless in the sixth, or why the hell he gets through adversity well early, but never, NEVER, in the sixth or fifth.

It can't just be balls.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Inning over. At least he didn't completely defecate the bed.

with there bullpen though, its like a ten run lead, esp. when we cant execute. they better get something done now vs radke

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
u can blame ozzie for this. yes, i sorta understand why he let him face cuddyer, but morneau?makes no sense at all

What game is Ozzie watching?

6th inning, against HUGE rival, Vazquez turns a 2-0 lead into a loss.

fish. Even Liriano got pulled after 5 innings yesterday. With Jose up tomorrow, Ozzie, use the bullpen.

Best way to restore Vazquez's confidence is to have him get victories against Minnesota and the Tigers, not shattering losses. These games could be the season.