7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Can someone give Ozzie a brain transplant? Javy had no business finishing the 6th, much less starting the 7th. It was clear that he was done, as he was in his last start. And yet Ozzie lets him start a new fire in the 7th. Ozzie isn't a horrible manager, but this kind of decision (which is makes too often) is pure incomptence.

Leaving him in after the Cuddyer homer goes against the way that Ozzie has managed his struggling guys in the past.

QUOTE(Bhay99 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
game over, and it will be fun to watch this struggling offense against santana tomorrow...haha, wow

my exact same thoughts. have fun sox facing crain,rincon,nathan. at the most, javy should of given up 2 runs. u leave him in longer now its potentially 4. sighs....oh well

WTF is Ozzie unprepared for the usual 6th inning + Vaz implosion. Last inning he allowed 3 runs before you could blink and now he has put us in a hurting. Everyone has figured this out, but our stubborn manager who believes that no matter what your record after 6 is, you have to go 100 pitches.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
So is "focking" still cool to use?

Why doesn't the hit and run ever work for us?

Ozzie claimed he would pull Vazquez if he was in a situation where he might give up the lead. I remember him saying it during the second Cubs series, and he hasn't enforced it once.

The point of the swear filter is to put swearing to an end, obviously there are some loophoes, but if people are going to try and go around them, they will be suspended. We have put them in place for a reason, people are using it too much and now the ability to do so is gone.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
This team will not make the playoffs as it is....physically and mentally they stink.

and the change was so sudden, too. All goes back to that Boston series and they were playing so well going into it. It looks as if they've lost confidence, which is dumbfounding.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Terrible...simply terrible. According to good baseball people like jason, he had his good stuff again tonight. It's so disturbing that he's had great stuff the last two games, and still had his typical 3rd time thru problems.

I've never seen his 2 seamer look so crisp, he was blowing it right by hitters. Then he hit the 6th and it all went to spiff.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Can someone give Ozzie a brain transplant? Javy had no business finishing the 6th, much less starting the 7th. It was clear that he was done, as he was in his last start. And yet Ozzie lets him start a new fire in the 7th. Ozzie isn't a horrible manager, but this kind of decision (which is makes too often) is pure incomptence.

or pure stubborness.

either way it kills the team

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:56 AM)
So what's worse, the Vazquez trade or the Todd Ritchie trade?

Too early to tell. There's still some hope for Vazquez, and we don't know how good Young will become. The thing I don't get is that after focusing on getting winning, grinder type players, we brought in someone notorious for not being a "winner". Damn that golf tournament that Ozzie and Vazquez were at. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
Terrible...simply terrible. According to good baseball people like jason, he had his good stuff again tonight. It's so disturbing that he's had great stuff the last two games, and still had his typical 3rd time thru problems.

Can't say what went on in the 7th, but in the 6th it was good hitting. Its rough though since I'd be the first to admit its a scary trend. The thing is, this isn't a long term trend (career wise) as its not like he's been ridiculously offer late in games in his career.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
I've never seen his 2 seamer look so crisp, he was blowing it right by hitters. Then he hit the 6th and it all went to spiff.

Once I saw on yahoo that Punto led off the 6th with a single, it really was deja vu from the Tigers game all over again.