White Sox close to acquiring Soriano

Brian

Jeez Kenny. You've made some great moves the last couple of years. But if true, this one I just don't get. Soriano is not a leadoff hitter. And Pods is not a centerfielder. Please let this all be a rumor...

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(spawn @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
Jeez Kenny. You've made some great moves the last couple of years. But if true, this one I just don't get. Soriano is not a leadoff hitter. And Pods is not a centerfielder. Please let this all be a rumor...

^^^^^^^

IMO this would be a terrible trade. We're slowly becoming the Yankees. Building the best line-up 1-9 does not win World Series Championships. Pitching is our biggest weakness and giving up our best major-league ready "prospect" for a 3 month rental is not a smart move.

Here's to hoping that IF this is true that Kenny will turn around and deal Soriano to another team for a top SP.

I have a decent source but last time I put some stuff on the board I got slammed, but I do occassionally get info, and I was told and fathom can back me up on this because I told him in a PM that Soriano's price is going to include McCarthy. I think its a mistake, but it would make the White Sox offense one of the best in major league history.

Or a prelude to a blockbuster. If this is the end of a deal someone should request KDub pee in a cup. :ph34r:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i think soriano is a very good player.. but this is NOT what we need. as much as he has improved on his defense, he's still a liability (not that pods is playing any better this year). if we trade bmac, we have no chance of landing a top reliever since we can no longer trade garcia/vasquez. and bmac's gonna be a stud. DON'T DO IT KENNY!

even if we can turn around and trade soriano for a top notch SP, what team(s) come to mind that is in the market for soriano that has a top notch SP?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Or a prelude to a blockbuster. If this is the end of a deal someone should request KDub pee in a cup. :ph34r:

Wow this trade would be pretty big....so what are you saying this leads us to a Soriano for A Rod trade? Wouldn't that be funny if that trade happened again.....lol

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
I have a decent source but last time I put some stuff on the board I got slammed, but I do occassionally get info, and I was told and fathom can back me up on this because I told him in a PM that Soriano's price is going to include McCarthy. I think its a mistake, but it would make the White Sox offense one of the best in major league history.

The only reason I've posted the story is because I've heard the same rumor around noon today from a close family friend, a member of the Minnesota sports print media.

Thinks Podsednik would be involved in this deal one way or another and Soriano would have to agree to at least negotiate an extension with the White Sox.

Ha, Bmac better not be going anywhere.

You also have to note the fact that KW said no one from the big league club is going anywhere. Especially with the fact that KW has been really focused on getting a mix of talent, young and veterans, for the future, I doubt he deals bmac.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

I agree with Pods not being a CF, but look at Sorianos OBP, his steals, his BA and then compare them to Pods and tell me how he is not a leadoff hitter. He is a leadoff hitter who can crush the ball.

I dont see how Iguchi would ever see a curveball for the rest of the year. Sandwiched between Soriano and Thome.

The only one I dont want to give up on these deals is Bmac. Broadway, Fields they are prospects. Bmac has some major league experience and will allow us to get rid of one of our expensive pitchers in the offseason.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)

If its just Pods and BMac I can accept it. If Anderson is included as well then hes lost me and I might run out on the field naked at the game tonight.

So if this is a prelude to a bigger the trade, perhaps we might deal him off to other teams looking at him such as the Mets, Yanks, Angels. All of those teams have some solid spects. Then I would take a wild guess one of our pitchers is thrown in with him and we would get some bullpen help and a starter or two. But im just throwin out ideas right now.