Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
I still want to wring the neck or our head coach/offensive coordinator. I have no idea why we run the ball with 1:22 left in the first half and 3 timeouts, yet we can go for it on 4th and 10 on our own side of the field.

The rest of you out there, be glad you're not Cyclone fans. I've gotta deal with this hsit yearround.

Want to trade football programs?

So...YOU be glad you aren't an illini fan.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things (just copied this from talkbigten):

1. Florida State is overrated and does not deserve to win the ACC or go to a BCS bowl game. Our team is a f***ing joke that doesn't have the proper fundamental coaching to win a ball game. We have a good QB, but no offensive line. We have tons of talent, but no superstars. We have an excellent run defense (except the one play and our team wasn't ready standing around like a bunch of b****es), but no pass defense. We have a good run defense, but no pass rush. This team is so overrated, it's a f***ing joke. We should be no higher than 20 in the polls come Monday. Bobby Bowden should seriously think about letting his son go or some other action might have to be taken. Our coaching sucks, flat out. We're an average team and at these schools of such a high tradition of winning, we get rid of average coaches. Bobby is only here because of his legacy. I hope that someone has the balls to start putting Bobby and his Terry Shea and Jon Shoop copy son on the hot seat.

2. The ACC sucks. Put it behind the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and yes, I'm saying it..the Big East. We might be the worst major conference.

(Good job Michigan)

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Should we just play the USC/Ohio State national title game right now? Oh, and Garrett Wolfe is really good. And the Illini are indeed bad, but if they start Juice at QB, that's a big start to getting respectable.

I think there are about 3 or 4 teams in the SEC that can give either of those teams a good run, but the SEC is just going to beat up on itself. Especially since they have a title game and the B10 P10 don't

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
I think there are about 3 or 4 teams in the SEC that can give either of those teams a good run, but the SEC is just going to beat up on itself. Especially since they have a title game and the B10 P10 don't

Auburn is the most likely to get out of the SEC alive. I am not sold on Florida as the #5 team in the country. Georgia is interesting, but starting a freshman QB. If they can get to the Florida game in Jacksonville on Oct. 28 undefeated, then they could be very dangerous. Getting Tennessee at home will help. LSU is very good as well, but at a distinct disadvantage after losing to Auburn Saturday. Auburn definitely has the best balance of talent/team/schedule.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)

That is true, but LSU already has a loss, Georgia's QB's suck too much to not lose, Florida's gimmick O isn't going to be enough, and Alabama again doesn't have an offense. SEC teams have great defense, but to be honest they also have bad offense. The one SEC team that I think really does have a shot is Auburn though, but like you said the SEC beats on their own too much.

I like Drew, but the coaching staff that is here right now has him set up to fail. He has done nothing but regressed since coming here.

There's an article up on Warchant:

Florida State is 3-5 in the last eight games thanks primarily to an inept and inconsistent offense. The worst came Saturday night when FSU managed only 102 passing yards against an average defense missing four starters. With no immediate answers to turn things around, maybe it's time for a change under center.

I doubt Bobby will make a change. Personally, I think he has something against Xavier and he won't get a shot. The kid was a 5 star recruit and could give the offense a spark it needs. Since the Oline sucks, at least have a scrambler back there.

Just give the kid a shot.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
West Virginia is going to run the table and get screwed out of the national title game, just watch.

I wouldn't say they'll get screwed. USC and Ohio State will both go undefeated and be more deserving of making the title game IMO, and the system will screw over West Virginia. But then again, who needs a playoff system.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
I wouldn't say they'll get screwed. USC and Ohio State will both go undefeated and be more deserving of making the title game IMO, and the system will screw over West Virginia. But then again, who needs a playoff system.

I hope everyone keeps thinking OSU will go undefeated. I usually have low standards for Michigan but the way they have looked on both sides of the ball has me excited.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
I hope everyone keeps thinking OSU will go undefeated. I usually have low standards for Michigan but the way they have looked on both sides of the ball has me excited.

I got a feeling OSU is going to slip up somewhere. I do think they're the best team in the nation but I just got a hunch they're gonna lose a game.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
So I just talked to my step brother and he was one of the morons who rushed the field after the victory. He shall get a beating next time I see him.

You're an idiot. It's tradition to rush the field after a Hawkeye victory. Mainly due to the fact when we lost something like 10 games pre-Hayden Fry.

But nice try.

Oh and Heads.

HAWKEYE STATE.

HAWKEYE STATE.

HAWKEYE STATE.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
You're an idiot. It's tradition to rush the field after a Hawkeye victory. Mainly due to the fact when we lost something like 10 games pre-Hayden Fry.

But nice try.

Oh and Heads.

HAWKEYE STATE.

HAWKEYE STATE.

HAWKEYE STATE.

Well then it's a stupid tradition. And I appreciate being called an idiot as well.

Am I the only one getting tired of the whining by Oklahoma about the referees from their game this weekend? So two calls cost them? Big damned deal! It freakin happens.

Regardless of the two calls, it wasn't the referees that were playing defense that allowed Oregon to throw a wide open TD pass to score to go ahead. It wasn't the referees who couldn't block Oregon defensive linemen well enough to allow their FG kicker to make a 5th straight FG.

The bottom line is Oklahoma still found ways to lose this game, referees aside. Perhaps they should look at themselves and quit yer b****in'!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Well then it's a stupid tradition. And I appreciate being called an idiot as well.

If it's like the Clemson tradition where fans can go onto the field and talk to the players after the game, I think it's great.

I had the opportunity to go to an away game at Clemson while I was at FSU, and it was pretty sweet to jump onto the field right after the game and mingle and congratulate the players.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)
Do you guys rush the field when Tate completes an 8 yard out route in practice, too?

There's an illini football comeback in there somewhere...