Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois with an easy victory of Eastern, 42-17.

Offense looked real comfortable and the D made some big plays when needed.

Juice's first drive was ridiculously good, he looked so comfortable in the pocket.

The only negative from the entire game was the amount of fumbles.

Promising win over an easy opponent.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 06:13 AM)
Mizzou trashed Murray State 47-7. Chase Daniel set a school record with 5 passing TD, clearly something Brad Smith was never capable of. It will be fun to have a real QB this year.

I take it you go to Mizzou. I was amazed by their campus when I took my visit there. Their baseball coach showed me the rec center and I about myself. Go there often?

Well, the Tennessee-Cal game was unbelievable. It was my first UT game, and what a game to have as my first! We just absolutely stomped them. The only points they scored was when we put in a lot of our backups on both offense and defense. 35-0 when both had their first strings in the game.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
I take it you go to Mizzou. I was amazed by their campus when I took my visit there. Their baseball coach showed me the rec center and I about myself. Go there often?

The campus is very nice, well organized for the most part. Currently there is construction in a couple areas which I'm sure you noticed, but other than that it's easy to get around. The Rec Center is awesome and probably overkill. I go there a ton, I've only been there 6 or 7 times so far this year (been here a little over 2 weeks) but I went most days last year. It's an amazing facility as you saw. SI rated it the number one rec center in the country, which is kind of unfair because it officially opened last school year.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
The Fighting Manginos of Kansas destroy Northwestern State.

Red Shirt Frosh Kerry Meier had a great game, and running back Jon Cornish has a good shot of winning the big 12 rushing title.

Did Adrian Peterson lose both legs in yesterday's game? Because as long as he's got one of them, he'll run away with the B12 rushing title.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
I love the FSU-Miami rivalry and will be watching it tonight (during the sox game commercials), but do we really need it on three channels?

Yes :)

Actually, it doesn't really matter for me because we only have one TV to watch it on. Tailgating starts in 30 minutes :)

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
I love the FSU-Miami rivalry and will be watching it tonight (during the sox game commercials), but do we really need it on three channels?

Is it the same thing as the Duke/NC game last year?

I can't really get into this game personally but obviously see why to fans of schools.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Yes :)

Actually, it doesn't really matter for me because we only have one TV to watch it on. Tailgating starts in 30 minutes :)

I was there for Wide Left at the Orange Bowl rooting for FSU. Great atmosphere, regardless of how the outcome felt...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
I was there for Wide Left at the Orange Bowl rooting for FSU. Great atmosphere, regardless of how the outcome felt...

I was at Monday's game. I have never been to a FSU-Miami game but that feeling at the OB was great. nothing beats a big time game at the OB. too bad I didnt like the score. oh well, hopefully we get another crack at you guys in Jacksonville.