Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Don't feel too bad. Northwestern lost at home, by 17, to a 1-AA team.

wasn't New Hampshire the favorite going into the game?

I coulda swore I saw that and was wondering what the hell was up.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Iowa's sunk if Tate doesn't play in the second half.

Gerry f***in' McNamera will hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to win it.

I'm really concerned. Christensen looked good in a short stint last game and he is our future. Considering Manson has thrown 4 picks already I am shocked we haven't went to our future QB (Christensen).

Luckily Albert Young seems to have gotten going in the 2nd half and by himself he got us into field goal position. Chandler has had a big game as a TE as well. Still, Syracuse is one play away from taking the lead and this is just a s***ty position to be in considering how bad Syracuse's defense is.

Fake punt by the Irish and we are in scoring position yet again. Travis Thomas takes it inside the Nittany Lion 10.

Iowa will be getting the ball back too after holding Syracuse to a 3 and out following an Iowa field goal. Hopefully we have some momentum and can build upon our 3 pt lead :headbang

NC State completely broke my heart today.

I was Amato would get around to recruiting a QB (Stone blows) and some guys for the defense since most of their defense graduated last year.

ETA - at least MSU (Go Spartans!) is playng much better than the WolfPack played.

Edited by Queen Prawn

Iowa game is on ABC and its in overtime.

TD ALBERT YOUNG and the Xtra point is good, now Iowa needs to play some defense.

f***, 1st and goal from the 2 for Cuse.

f*** YA, Iowa Stops em, Iowa Stops em...we had 6 plays from them at the 2 and they gained a total 1 yard and did have a pass interference call too.

WOW, WHAT A WIN!!!!

It was ugly, it wasn't pretty but in the end we found a way to gut through it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Iowa game is on ABC and its in overtime.

TD ALBERT YOUNG and the Xtra point is good, now Iowa needs to play some defense.

f***, 1st and goal from the 2 for Cuse.

f*** YA, Iowa Stops em, Iowa Stops em...we had 6 plays from them at the 2 and they gained a total 1 yard and did have a pass interference call too.

WOW, WHAT A WIN!!!!

It was ugly, it wasn't pretty but in the end we found a way to gut through it.

That was a hell of a goal line stand by Iowa. And some of the worst play calling ever by Syracuse.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
That was a hell of a goal line stand by Iowa. And some of the worst play calling ever by Syracuse.

Why they didn't try a freaking QB sneak straight behind the center is beyond me. But Iowa's defensive line was stout. Manson looked a lot better in OT, but he was a big reason we weren't able to get anything going (4 Interceptions, UGHH).

It was absolutely pathetic to make things this close to a team as bad as Cuse, but that said, the Hawks pulled out a win and I'm sure they'll take a drop in the polls.

Huge game against ISU coming up.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
What kind of NFL prospect is Drew Tate? Besides Brady Quinn he is my favorite QB to watch in college.

He's incredibly undersized so my guess is he's not a pro prospect. However, maybe he goes later on. He's a very accurate passer with a solid arm and good mobility.

OSU takes a 7-0 lead after forcing a turnover with Texas on OSU's 7. Smith marched the Buckeyes down the field and got 7 for there own in what could have been a 14 point swing.

And TROY has scored a TD and they are looking to have what may just be the biggest win in there school's history against the Seminoles. Its in the 4th quarter and Troy is up 17-10.

After Iowa's scare, I know exactly how Nole fans feel, but the hell with that, Lets go TROY!!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
What a bulls*** roughing the passer call on Ohio St.

Completely agree and Colt McCoy is able to get a TD thanks to it. OSU driving though with the ball on the 29 with 22 seconds left.

Wow, Tedd Ginn was wide open and thats a TD.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
14-7 Ohio St. Great drive right before halftime.

17-7, an interception by McCoy led to an OSU field goal. OSU has now scored 10 points off Texas turnovers.

Following the turnover, Texas went back out and failed to move the ball and OSU has the ball again with the opportunity of going for the semi kill.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Woohoo the Cyclones won!

Two straight Clones games that were way closer than they should be. God, this means they are gonna just whipe the floor against the Hawkeyes.

I sure hope Tate is 100% for the Cyclone game, we will need him, especially considering how ISU always brings there A game for us and we usually bring about our C game.