Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't pity Louisville. They have been up before. Howard Schnellenberger had them there in the late 80's/early 90's. John L. Smith had them headed back in the right direction when Petrino picked up.

Brohm is a Louisville kid, with family ties to the program as mentioned with his brother. A new coach could definitely affect his choice, but I think it would depend on who it was more than who it was not. Unless he has a foot and a half out the door already.

And how many college coaches are going to have to go to the NFL and fail before this stops? Who was the last college head coach to successfully make the transition and stick?

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
Don't pity Louisville. They have been up before. Howard Schnellenberger had them there in the late 80's/early 90's. John L. Smith had them headed back in the right direction when Petrino picked up.

Brohm is a Louisville kid, with family ties to the program as mentioned with his brother. A new coach could definitely affect his choice, but I think it would depend on who it was more than who it was not. Unless he has a foot and a half out the door already.

And how many college coaches are going to have to go to the NFL and fail before this stops? Who was the last college head coach to successfully make the transition and stick?

Dennis Erickson?

But seriously, Jimmy Johnson? If so, that's a long time ago.

Barring any trouble with the law or outside crap like that, I would expect him to be a Raider. You would hope that the Raiders wouldn't lose their minds and draft someone like Joe Thomas and stick with Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter. Then again having a young QB with no OL is a recipe for disaster, just ask Walter. I would say the Raiders should trade down and gain more picks, but nobody has enough 1st round picks to entice them this year. New Englands picks are both late in the 1st round.

I would also expect that the Raiders will be shopping both Moss and Porter for whatever picks they can get this year.

Looks like Major Applewhite and Steve Marshall could be sharing OC duties at Bama. With Fischer being hired at FSU(told ya Chimpy :-P).

If true, I can't believe how fast Major has risen, 28 and possible co-OC at Bama. He could be a D1 head coach before he turns 35.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
They keep the field in the parking lot i have been told

yep. but for this game they didn't have time to change the art on the field from the fiesta bowl. so for this game they just rolled a whole new layer of sod over the fiesta bowl field.