Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

field position has been the story of the game so far. twenty four of the gator points have come on really short fields.

with ginn likely out for the game, this is going to be a really tough mountain for ohio state to climb. with ginn maybe. without? not so much. ohio state's receivers aren't even getting open. they look very ordinary right now.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
Its strange to say but I still feel OSU has a chance. They just need to stop trying to prove that they can be like an SEC team.

Troy Smith also needs to make quicker decisions if he feels the pressure he has to be decisive.

i'll go out on a limb and agree with you, but we'll probably be wrong even though I'd like to believe it's not over yet.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm gonna start calling you out. YOu keep getting these out on a limb gut feelings, they never happen, and nobody mentions them. I got my eye on you, sir. :P

I have a feeling SIU will win the whole NCAA tourney in April.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 3, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
LOL, like what? Cause I said once in the college basketball thread that I thought Depaul was going to beat Kentucky? Ohio State turned me off a lot during their game against Michigan. Florida will win that game, just watch.

Sorry Brian but you called me out on this so I must bump this up. I hate to be "that" guy but both Michigan and Ohio State were overrated.

Florida earned that National Championship, so congrats to them, they definitely deserve it.

Is OSU number 5 in the country now? Florida, LSU, USC, Boise in whatever order after Florida? People said LSU and USC would be better matchups for OSU than Florida and Boise is the lone undefeated so that is an interesting case. I have a hard time seeing OSU ahead of USC because USC beat up Michigan on a neutral field while OSU barely beat them on their on own turf, but it will be interesting as for the other 2 that could pass up the Buckeyes.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
Posting from the game.

How does that work?

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
Hopefully this game will continue to show why Troy Smith will not go in round 1 (cough) rockraines (cough)

He's not going in the first round. Bowl/championship games can move a player up or down a lot. Vince Young was probably a first rounder last year, he had a great game and goes 3rd overall. Smith goes in the 2nd round.

Oh, Reggie Nelson was held on Ginn's punt return :D

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
He's not going in the first round. Bowl/championship games can move a player up or down a lot. Vince Young was probably a first rounder last year, he had a great game and goes 3rd overall. Smith goes in the 2nd round.

Oh, Reggie Nelson was held on Ginn's punt return :D

Oh I know, he wasn't going round one BEFORE this game anyways so it doesnt matter

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 03:51 AM)
Ide also like to add Florida should send Ron Zook some sort of thank you for the National Title they won tonight.. Almost all of the starters were his recruits

I'd like to add that they wouldn't have won the national title with him coaching. Obvious, probably, but felt someone needed to say it. Your point still rings true though.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
1st overall pick, Quinn sucks, blah blah blah.

Eat it Rock.

Doesnt change the fact that Quinn does still suck, but Smith played his worst game of his career on the biggest stage. He really killed any hype he had at that point. Russell is obviously the best QB in the draft, hands down.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
What a f***ing joke that was....I am beyond miserable. OSU got outcoached, outplayed, out everything....

They forgot who they are, and totally were outclassed. I havent seen them play that bad in quite awhile. It should be a wake up call to the younger guys in the program.