Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
Chan Gailey is apparently interviewing for the Miami job now. Miami could do worse, he's pulling in a hell of a recruiting class though to be leaving it behind.

There is no way they are going to hire Gailey, that im pretty sure of

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
Dude, I am a Big Ten fan living in SEC country. I have nothing against OSU or OSU fans. I have something against posters who act like they know everything and make stupid posts. I have attacked your arguments and attacked them well. You are just too biased or ignorant to see things with any objectivity at all. It's just comical watching all of these Notre Dame haters post without any objectivity, and that includes you. I don't think any ND fan here is claiming they are an elite team. But your bias can't give them the credit they actually deserve.

In your last two posts you have called me a Notre Dame fan and accusing me of having an agenda against OSU. Enjoy your championship game and I'll just ignore your posts. When you start being right, maybe I'll pay attention again. Until then, keep spewing out the comedy.

:crying

They dont deserve any credit, so I wont give them any. Im sorry I couldnt say anything good about them or their overrated QB, I guess I will spend some time trying to be "objective" on how bad they are.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
:crying

They dont deserve any credit, so I wont give them any. Im sorry I couldnt say anything good about them or their overrated QB, I guess I will spend some time trying to be "objective" on how bad they are.

Alright I'm just going to come out and say it since everyones tired of throwing facts and unbiased arguments at you.

Your a tool.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 10:19 AM)
The current recruiting class seems to be loaded with "athletes". They can't all see the field on offense, can they? I'd think he'd have to give some of them to the defense in this situation. That said, don't get me wrong, I agree with your premise. Defense needs to become a priority. If Minter can't coach defense with what he has, he sure as hell better start being able to recruit better defensive players. The head coach doesn't do all the recruiting.

The fact that several defensive recruits ALL turned down Notre Dame today on Notre Dame's own network (NBC) in a game organized by ND's biggest cheerleader (Lemming) spoke volumes to me.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
Alright I'm just going to come out and say it since everyones tired of throwing facts and unbiased arguments at you.

Your a tool.

Its you're. And I appreciate the personal attack. Still waiting for the "facts" and the unbiased arguements. Still havent seen one from you yet.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
Loss of recruit, denial of interest. And trust me, as a follower of Illinois basketball and recruiting, I know the strategy when I see it. :)

:lolhitting Yes losing those guys do hurt, but Donald is the only one I'm really upset about. ND really needs some help at LB as our secondary is starting to shape up.

A funny side note to the Nick Saban hiring at Alabama....

Not sure if any of you saw this, but it was shown on the news and a photo in the paper here. When Saban arrived at the airport in Tuscaloosa, there was a blonde woman in an Alabama jersey that came up to Saban and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. She held on as if she didn't want to let go. The cameras showed Saban's face and he had a "help me" look.

Check out the attached PDF with more info on the woman. I think you will find it hilarious.

Ok technical difficulties have been conquered. See this YouTube link first, then the attached PDF below. You will quickly see what kind of football fans I have to deal with living in the South.

Edited by Rex Hudler

JaMarcus Russell to enter NFL draft.

Louisiana State quarterback JaMarcus Russell will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft in April.

A news conference is scheduled Wednesday to announce the decision, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday.

Russell, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder from Mobile, Ala., was the nation's No. 3-ranked quarterback in passing efficiency this season. He threw for a career-high 332 yards and two touchdowns in the Tigers' 41-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday night.

Russell will finish his LSU career with 6,525 yards and 52 touchdowns in three seasons -- two as a full-time starter.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
theres another bowl game tonight and the title game is tomorrow.

The bowl game yesterday and the one tonight don't belong after New Year's, everyone knows it. I agree that the wait is a bit much.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
Petrino to the Falcons, sucks for Louisville, they had built up a nice program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

I wonder how this will affect the decisions of Brian Brohm and Michael Bush. It looked like Brohm was going to stay, who knows now. I thought Bush would leave anyway (although it was close). It would be nice to see them stay and have Louisville in serious contention for the national title next year.