Official Game Thread 8/7 - Angels vs Sox 6:05

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Because they're not calling the low strike at all?

Or the guy he went 3-0 on where each pitch should/could have been a strike. They've been hit or miss on the black for both pitchers.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
Sandy is really affecting Buerhle's performance. I'm glad they found the reason for his struggles, and its even better news it wasn't Buerhle at all, just the guy putting down the numbers.

But at least we let the best possible back-up go to our WC rival for virtually nothing.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Watch the replays of the HR's. Sandy wanting the ball down or in and Buehrle misses.

For some reason, I don't think AJ was calling for high change-ups either. The fact remains, Buerhle has lost enough velocity that if he's not pinpoint, he's batting practice.

At what point in the game should our hitters and our coaching staff recognize that Escobar is pretty much going away away away on our hitters, especially our right handers. He is living and dying on the outside corner and we are gong up there looking like we are shocked to see a slider away. When Buerhle or any of our hitters do it, we get killed because the other team adjusts and attacks to what they are giving them.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
At what point in the game should our hitters and our coaching staff recognize that Escobar is pretty much going away away away on our hitters, especially our right handers. He is living and dying on the outside corner and we are gong up there looking like we are shocked to see a slider away. When Buerhle or any of our hitters do it, we get killed because the other team adjusts and attacks to what they are giving them.

How about this....the Angels are playing good baseball right now, and the White Sox aren't. We better start playing better baseball, or this week is going to really suck.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
But at least we let the best possible back-up go to our WC rival for virtually nothing.

You mean Javy Lopez? You think we were ready/willing to take on his contract?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
How about this....the Angels are playing good baseball right now, and the White Sox aren't. We better start playing better baseball, or this week is going to really suck.

Another strikeout on an away pitch. Dont we have a video guy who reports trends in the game. Dont we have our hitters coming back, so what did you strikeout against, low and away slider. What about you. low and away fastball. What about you away fastball. I mean come on.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
It's just too damn bad that we didn't add someone to this roster to give us a spark.

True. I also get bummed when I see how many other teams get a spark from within their own organization. Our own 5-tool #1 pick in the meantime...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
I really can't believe you actually want him.

At least he would help our offense against LHP. I'm not as big of a Javy Lopez fan as many on here, but he's definitely an upgrade over Alomar/Widger.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
True. I also get bummed when I see how many other teams get a spark from within their own organization. Our own 5-tool #1 pick in the meantime...

And other teams get bummed when they see the spark of our world series rings. And our starting #1 pick just took a few months to get going. And is still playing the best defense in CF in baseball.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)

Will be a solid starting CF on the cheap for years to come.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Sucks that Mark can't a call on the outside corner to save his life.

Well they need to adjust. When the pitch isnt there, you either can keep going there getting into hitting counts then going back over the middle of the plate, or you can adjust.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Dont we have our hitters coming back, so what did you strikeout against, low and away slider. What about you. low and away fastball. What about you away fastball.I mean come on.

shopping4.jpg

/agrees

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
I really can't believe you actually want him.

Lopez makes a lot of money but keeping him away from Boston may be the difference between being the WC and making tee times. FWIW, I'd take Sal Fasano anyday over Alomar. I know the Sox coaches love Sandy, but being a nice guy doesn't win you games. His "presence" obviously hasn't had the positive result everyone had hoped.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
You mean Javy Lopez? You think we were ready/willing to take on his contract?

Not directed at you heads, but. . .

Trust me, Red Sox fans are none too pleased with an aging catcher who can't catch and can't produce offensively at the level he once did. The guy allows people to steal with ease. That game ending DP with the bases loaded the other night sealed his fate with them, that is for sure