Official Game Thread 8/7 - Angels vs Sox 6:05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The pitching display to Molina was horrible. He was hitting everything away hard, but foul. The guy is slower than molasses. Pitch inside on him.

After that walk, Mark shoudl of been pulled. NO QUESTION!

Only one image is appropriate to describe Buehrle's performance this evening:

guillen.jpg

Looks like the Royals game was truly a fluke. If we had a half-way decent farm system capable of producing legitimate talent, I wouldn't hesitate ONE second to let Buehlre go. For example, if Garza were in our organization (yeah, impossible to fathom), I'd reconsider him for the price we're paying. Eating innings alone isn't a justification for paying a pitcher 8+ million.

What possible reason could there have been to leave Buehrle out there? He had been hit hard all game and was getting hit hard yet again in the 7th. Two runners on and Ozzie goes out there and doesn't pull Mark. Why? Does he really think Buerhle had a better chance of getting out of the inning that McCarthy at that point? I don't understand his idiocy at all.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
The pitching display to Molina was horrible. He was hitting everything away hard, but foul. The guy is slower than molasses. Pitch inside on him.

After that walk, Mark shoudl of been pulled. NO QUESTION!

HE sbhould have been pulled out when he was about to face Quinlan who had a HR earlier in the game...

I don't blame Ozzie much, but he fudged up. After the past month or so, he has to know to get our starters out at the right time. No more going with the gut. Not the same pitching staff.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
what a meltdown by Buehrle. I thought he had more to him than that. A balk?

The guy has melted down every single game a team laid a bunt down successfully against him this year.

The only thing surprise was that it didn't take a bunt that inning.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
What possible reason could there have been to leave Buehrle out there? He had been hit hard all game and was getting hit hard yet again in the 7th. Two runners on and Ozzie goes out there and doesn't pull Mark. Why? Does he really think Buerhle had a better chance of getting out of the inning that McCarthy at that point? I don't understand his idiocy at all.

He left him in to face Figgins to keep him hitting right handed.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
reallly bad managing once again...84 mph fastball is not going to take anybody out...he lets MB pitch to 2 guys that have HRs off him in the game...BS!!

MB...crap pitcher this year...

i think that MB has logged more innings than any pitcher in the last 6 years...

it is way OBVIOUS that he has been fatigued the last 2 months...

ok....OZ made this team go by pushing the starters last year into being men and finishing what they started...

but come on man these same guys look more tired than an 85 year old man trying to get a groove on...