Official Game Thread 8/7 - Angels vs Sox 6:05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxunited @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
exactly, its the job of the manager to make the players look good, not the other way around

Carrasco is bad, very bad, there is still a chance

Scocia knows when to pull pitchers when they're in trouble.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Does this team and its manager have a clue that we dont have a 15 game lead to blow this year.

I really don't think Ozzie knows that.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Scocia knows when to pull pitchers when they're in trouble.

Maybe Scocia doesnt know how to do it. He didnt go to the mound to have a chit chat with Kevlim. Kevlim how do you feel, is your arm okay, did you see the ballad of Ricky Bobby. No I am not here to pull you, just wanted to see how you are doing. Back to the dugout.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Buerhle was not good, but Ozzie had the bullpen ready when the score was 3-2 and wouldn't use it until the score was 6-2. Utter stupidity. Sandy doesn't move when the ball gets 20 ft. away from the catcher, and then a DP follows.

Ozzie should be fired for worrying about a pitcher's win before the team win. Inexcusable.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Buerhle was not good, but Ozzie had the bullpen ready when the score was 3-2 and wouldn't use it until the score was 6-2. Utter stupidity. Sandy doesn't move when the ball gets 20 ft. away from the catcher, and then a DP follows.

Yep, Buehrle really shouldn't get blamed like he is here. He put this team in position to win. However, he was forced to stay in the game way too long against some guys who had good swings against him. We didn't use our bullpen much at all over the wknd....they should have been in to face Quinlan.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
I can't figure out whether I like that or not. Should I be rooting for Detroit or Minny?

We will never catch Detroit unless their plane explodes.

We do not have the pitching to rattle off a long winning streak right now. And our manager has not clue when to pull them anyways until the damage is done. We have a bunch of 6 inning pitchers. Thats ok if you realize that.

But Ozzie still thinks this is 2005.