Any run-in with yankees fans

Jimbo's Drinker

I was at the game yesterday and was seated two rows behind a pack of annoying yankees fans. What made it worse were they were cheering on the cubs as well(scoreboard watching). The entire game they were screaming like a bunch of wolves "the flukes play at this stadium". They were dancing around and standing up and screaming as the yankees took the 5-4 game. The main contributer wearing a brand new yankees hat got into a skirmish with a security guard for not sitting down while Rivera was warming up, and insisting on taking his picture. Finally as the bottom of the 9th began he turned to the sox fan behin him and gave the thump to the neck sign and just kept chanting 1,2,3. When Paulie hit the homer he got really really quite, but still was chanting "flukes play here". As the sox won the game, the entire section bombed him with insults, and this guy had to be held back. I gave a personal shot saying, dont run your flinging mouth at my stadium again, while making the talking hands sign. The best part they all took off their yankees jerseys after the game and put them in a bag....big fans

Anyone else have any skirmishes?

I wonder whether they were really Yankees fans or Cubs fans with Yankee jerseys.

Because:

1) Why would they cheer the Cubs?!?!

2) "Flukes play here"? That sounds like a bad retort to "The Flubs". How would New Yawkers know about that phrase?

3) Putting the jerseys in bags when they left? Huh?

The one sad phenonenom I've witnessed over the past few years is Cub fans showing up to cheer AGAINST us, which I thought was: definition of loser.

If I had to guess, that's with whom you were dealing last night.

BTW Yankees fans may be bad, but Boston fans are the worst. At the Cell at least.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
I was at the game yesterday and was seated two rows behind a pack of annoying yankees fans. What made it worse were they were cheering on the cubs as well(scoreboard watching). The entire game they were screaming like a bunch of wolves "the flukes play at this stadium". They were dancing around and standing up and screaming as the yankees took the 5-4 game. The main contributer wearing a brand new yankees hat got into a skirmish with a security guard for not sitting down while Rivera was warming up, and insisting on taking his picture. Finally as the bottom of the 9th began he turned to the sox fan behin him and gave the thump to the neck sign and just kept chanting 1,2,3. When Paulie hit the homer he got really really quite, but still was chanting "flukes play here". As the sox won the game, the entire section bombed him with insults, and this guy had to be held back. I gave a personal shot saying, dont run your flinging mouth at my stadium again, while making the talking hands sign. The best part they all took off their yankees jerseys after the game and put them in a bag....big fans

Anyone else have any skirmishes?

Definitely had to be Cub fans...sad really. I do not understand people like that but whatever.

Yeah, back in aught-three, some Yankee fans were proddin' us the whole game, so's me and some of the guys followed 'em through Bridgeport, lured 'em into an alley, beat 'em to death with a lead pipe and a poorly fashioned cane, and stuffed the jerks down a sewer pipe. Those were the good old days.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)
BTW Yankees fans may be bad, but Boston fans are the worst. At the Cell at least.

that is not limited to just the cell. that is universal. Boston fans are the worst fans ever!

Yes, A number of "yankee" fans behind me yesterday, were actually Cub fans. They did a lot of trashtalking about the SOX, the stadium, the Ivy, the fans, Attendance (hahahah, I said attendance)

and the like. After chatting with these guys a while, and realizing they werent too bright, and didnt really have any knowledge of the Yankees (I mentioned Abreu is probably staying/Sheffield gone/bullpen not that good outside Rivera/what are their feelings) when I realized these Jokers were Cub fans pretending to be Yankee fans. The best part though, was this notion with these guys that tried to tie everything Cub with everything Yankee. I tell them SURE, theyre just like the Yankees, minus the 26 Championships, heh heh heh.

I was insulted for the Yankee fans really ...............

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Yeah, back in aught-three, some Yankee fans were proddin' us the whole game, so's me and some of the guys followed 'em through Bridgeport, lured 'em into an alley, beat 'em to death with a lead pipe and a poorly fashioned cane, and stuffed the jerks down a sewer pipe. Those were the good old days.

LMAO....I almost spit out my coffee.

I see a Yankee fan at the gym all the time. Will probably say something today along the lines of, "At least one of the All Star closers was good last night." But that's it. Don't want to look dumb if we lose the next 2.

on TV, could see multiple Yankees fans sitting in seats near the Sox dugout, including the first row.

My question: What freaking Sox fans gives or sells their tickets to Yankees fans in that location?

That's crap.

Saw the same thing when the Red Sox were in town. Sox fans can't get good seats, but there were Red Sox fans in all the best areas.

Very annoying.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
My question: What freaking Sox fans gives or sells their tickets to Yankees fans in that location?

Lots of people sell tickets via stubhub, ebay, etc. You don't get to choose who buys them.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
on TV, could see multiple Yankees fans sitting in seats near the Sox dugout, including the first row.

That's crap.

Saw the same thing when the Red Sox were in town. Sox fans can't get good seats, but there were Red Sox fans in all the best areas.

Very annoying.

Well, a lot of times really good tickets are held by businessmen or some sort of politician. The person who actually owns the tickets probably doesn't even go to that many games, so they give them to people with important connections. It probably just happens that a lot of those people might be Yankee or Red Sox fans.

And I'd sell my good tickets in a heartbeat if the person were paying me a ridiculous amount.

The Red Sox are more trendy right now. Im sure pretend Yankee fans are annoying, but the pretend Red Soxs fans were super annoying last time they played. Most of them were wearing boat shoes and kackis, with there prefaded Red Sox caps.

makes me wanna vomit.

the most annoying fan I encountered was a whitesox fan who sat a row behind me for a couple innings. she didn't have a clue about the game, referred to AJ as the "official team captain", was contemplating running on the field to take better pictures and was obnoxiously loud for a continuous amount of time

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
the most annoying fan I encountered was a whitesox fan who sat a row behind me for a couple innings. she didn't have a clue about the game, referred to AJ as the "official team captain", was contemplating running on the field to take better pictures and was obnoxiously loud for a continuous amount of time

the key word there....."SHE" not putting down any female baseball fans, but I would have to say the majority couldn't tell you what a walk off is......

Anyway I watched the game here at my place yesterday with my friend from long island. During the commercial before the bottom of the 9th he says "So we still got $5 on the sweep, i'll let you slide if I can bum a cig" So i told him f*** that take the cig....were still on..... He was rather suprised when we won it....

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)

Sounds just like Steff... :ph34r:

Edited by SoxAce

I had a situation like this last year at a Sox-Indians game last september. Me and the two guys I was with walked into our section, and we saw some Indians fans. It didnt take too long to realize who they were in that they all had the exact same indians shirt on and didnt know the players on the indians :lol: Im willing to bet that half the boston fans that come to the cell to see the red sox are actually cub fans.