8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Just like if we followed your philosphy Cintron wouldn't have pushed the envelope in the first inning and went for 3rd. Had that happened we wouldn't have scored a run that inning and who knows what could have happened.

Dye got picked off, he almost never does, s*** happens. BA running in that situation is text book baseball. If it doesn't work, oh well, you got Pods leading off the inning and thats what you want.

Of course they went down 1-2-3 the next inning but oh well.

It is really nothing worth getting bent out of shape about, and I don't think either of us are. I guess I can only tolerate so many outs being made on the bases in one game. ...even if it seems to be more than this game.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
huh... ok. thanks.

i mean i always imagined that a cardinal rule was one that was more important than all the others, hence the use of the word cardinal.

guess i was wrong.

i see your point, cardinal is like "essential" in literal defition. perhaps a little loosely used in this case.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
How many pitches did he throw yesterday?

The Sox are going to be very careful with him considering his recent history of arm trouble.

Monroe GAWN, 2 down. And he didn't give him anything to pull, way to go Freddy.

Excellent, Freddy stayed away to dead pull Casey (right now he's dead pull) and we got him to try and pull it and it resulted in a weak pop up to CF.

By far the best inning of the game by Freddy and my guess is we'll see him out in the 7th, but he'll be on a short hook.

He's well under 100 pitches right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Not sure, but with his health issues, I wouldn't want him pitching back-to-back days after throwing in 2 innings the day before.

I think you know what your'e saying but it didn't come out clearly...don't forget that he had the Contreras-off-day in there.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
i see your point, cardinal is like "essential" in literal defition. perhaps a little loosely used in this case.

yeah probably, but whatever, i get what you were sayin

all in all, a pretty pointless argument tho huh? :bang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
I think you know what your'e saying but it didn't come out clearly...don't forget that he had the Contreras-off-day in there.

I meant that today would be the back-end of the back-to-back days.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
I can't wait til the post game when we have to hear how good Freddy looked in the game.

This is the exact type of start I take from Freddy all year long. He's not the dominant pitcher he once was, he's gave us innings and will try and give us another while keeping the team in the game. Thats all you can ask for out of Freddy at this point, he doesn't have the stuff to go out and WIN games, but he's fully capable of keeping you in games and giving the team a chance to win the game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Excellent, Freddy stayed away to dead pull Casey (right now he's dead pull) and we got him to try and pull it and it resulted in a weak pop up to CF.

By far the best inning of the game by Freddy and my guess is we'll see him out in the 7th, but he'll be on a short hook.

He's well under 100 pitches right now.

Ok, now I want the bullpen to face IRod, whenever he comes up. 1-2-3 in the 7th and Rodriguez leads off the 8th, anyone gets on in the 7th and the bullpen should come in, especially if Inge gets on.