8/15 @ 7:05 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
Why does our leadoff hitter constantly take strike 3. His entire job is to get on base, walking back to the dugout without putting the ball even in play is not how you can do that.

I always thought speed/slap hitters were supposed to make a lot of contact. I'll probably get ridiculed for saying this, but I'd rather have Pierre than Pods.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
They might just let fat man finish this game. All he should do is keep throwing changeups until we ground out, pop up, or whiff. Pretty easy.

This is the Joe Mays pitching method. Throw crap away, and hope they pull it or K.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)
The same reason he walks so much more than he did last year.

It would be useful if he learned to protect the plate, and fight off borderline pitches. He can't keep being such an easy out once there's 2 strikes on him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I know, that's why I said it. Pierre fits Ozzie ball a lot better than Pods.

They are pretty much the same player.

This year anyway. Pods was much better last year obviously.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
It would be useful if he learned to protect the plate, and fight off borderline pitches. He can't keep being such an easy out once there's 2 strikes on him.

I agree, but if it means walking much more, I'm not too pissed that he strikes out that much more either.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
I always thought speed/slap hitters were supposed to make a lot of contact. I'll probably get ridiculed for saying this, but I'd rather have Pierre than Pods.

I'd rather have neither. I'd rather have an everyday OF that can do more than run. :)

Tying run up now after Thome walks. Come on PK, please.

EDIT: Here comes Burgos. Would be fitting if he picks up the 4 out save easily.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
The Giordano's delivery of the game is the play at the plate that ended the 5th. Fitting since Cora may have delivered KC a victory with that call to send the runner.

Did you see how much time Grudz was able to take making that throw home? I really fail to see how Cora sends him with a $12 million a year hitter coming to the plate.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Pods is one guy I will not miss next season.

I won't miss Vazquez...the guy proved again tonight he's a turd. Dude is the perfect STOPPER.... Kenny is a great GM, but he blew it with that guy although the jury is still out on Chris Young.