8/15 @ 7:05 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulie went for it....oh well. Lets try some 9th inning heroics....Crede and AJP are WAY due in this game.

I refuse to believe we'll lose a game to Detroit when they are in Boston and we are hosting KC. It simply can't happen.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
I won't miss Vazquez...the guy proved again tonight he's a turd. Dude is the perfect STOPPER.... Kenny is a great GM, but he blew it with that guy although the jury is still out on Chris Young.

Chris Young could never play a major league game and that trade hurt us. If we miss the playoffs this year, a large part of it will be the constant Javy 6th inning meltdowns.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
We're not showing any patience tonight against pitchers who have bad control. This just isn't our night.

It was right down the pipe. I'd rather he swing at that instead of getting to 2 strikes and K'ing on a good slider.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Except Pierre earns a much higher paycheck.

Pierre also steals more and gets thrown out less. He also will catch balls that Pods tip toes to until they stop rolling. Neither can throw or hit homers, but Pierre will put the ball in play more often, and with speed, that's a good thing. I don't think the Sox will sign Pierre though. They have too many OFs in the minors they like and Pierre is going to get a decent contract both in amount and length.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
Pierre doesn't walk nor strikeout, whereas Pods tends to draw a walk and take a hanging curve for strike 3.

The only reason I mentioned Pierre is because of what Levine says. Pierre makes contact and is a good bunter. That's a lot more than what I can say about Pods.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Now Hawk and DJ are Cying up Runnynose.

There is a reason I watch the games on mute as much as I possibly can. And that won't change until Hawk is gone, I have hope D.J. will give me a straight opinion without Hawk's propaganda pro-Sox opinion by his side.

Good start to this inning, Neal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
Cotts in to give us no chance. He's clearly the worst pitcher on our roster right now, followed by Garcia and Vazquez.

Garcia has shown signs of adequacy lately, so he's a distant 3rd. Cotts and Vasquez are having a hellbent battle for worst pitcher though, one always trying to top the other.