White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
This off season can't come fast enough, when, I hope we dump Garcia and Vasquez.

This off season can't come fast enough, when, I hope we dump Garcia and Vasquez.

I won't complain if this offseason comes later rather than sooner.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
If we cant score off Santana, does it really matter? Might as well save our BP for the Detroit series, where we need to do everything possible to win each game

I do agree with this.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
I have a feeling that Vazquez would suddenly show more testicular fortitude if he ever pitched in the posteason. :P

I have a fear that we might hear that argument.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)

I would prefer to get rid of Vasquez in the offseason.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)

I was going to pst this same question, but you beat me to it Colorado. We get an absolutely suberb performance from Garland and what do we have the next game? Vazquez and his inability to avoid the big inning and mst likely last longer than 5 innings. Friday we get another 10 hit/5 run performance from Garcia. There has been some real frustrating things this year, but none more than the failure of our pitching. Couple that with defensive miscues both mental and physical and you get a team in danger of not getting to the playoffs.

Of course as usual against Santana everyone tries to hit the homer.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Something tells me Santana would've gotten that pitch.

And Javy's response, as always, is to throw one right down the middle. Nice body language, too.

Send him to Charlotte for the AAA playoffs.

No, wait. If I were the manager of Charlotte, I'd only want guys who know how to PITCH.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
I would prefer to get rid of Vasquez in the offseason.

That is when it would happen. I believe its time for both Javy and Freddy to go. I hate to say that about Freddy, because I love the guy and he is a battler, but dude is OUT OF GAS....he has an 87 mph fastball now...he's close to meat-status with his cheese.

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Do we have anyone at AAA that can take his place in the rotation. Send this p**ck to the minors!!!

Yes...ANY OF THEM. The only one I wouldn't risk is Stephen Randolph...too damn wild for my taste.

I'd take a flier on any AAA pitcher we got...ANY OF THEM if it meant I wouldn't have to watch this guy anymore.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I was going to pst this same question, but you beat me to it Colorado. We get an absolutely suberb performance from Garland and what do we have the next game? Vazquez and his inability toa void the big inning and mst liely last longer than 5 innings. Friday we get another 10 hit/5 run performance from Garcia. There has been some real frustrating things this year, but none more than the failure of our pitching. Couple that with defensive miscues both mental and physical and you get a team in danger of not getting to the playoffs.

The pitching and defense this year has been far from stellar. KW definitely needs to shore up these problems in the offseason. We need a new LF, backup C, Possible SS, and a top flight starter.

Edited by CYGarland