White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Sorry, im not understanding that concept :lol:

The Sox blew a big chance to not only space themselves farther away from the Twins, but move up on the Tigers.

With that said, it seems like the Sox can't do anything right, yet we havent lost any ground on the Tigers since we last played them. Sort of puts things into perspective( OTHER teams go into funks).

Sox need to get it in gear in Detroit. Not much else to it.

Seems like our funk has lasted since right before the ASB. We really haven't played well for a long, long time.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Santana out Rincon in. This is our only shot of coming back now, with Nathan lurking in the BP

Ricon is terrific...we have no shot at 4 runs against these two arms they will throw at us. I'd clear the benches now and get ready for Motown.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
According to the Twins broadcast, that's who Ozzie compared him to...and it didn't seem like a joke.

Ozzie yesterday called the guys like Punto, Bartlett, Rivas, Castillo...etc., the slap hitters, his word for them was "Pirahnas"

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Seems like our funk has lasted since right before the ASB. We really haven't played well for a long, long time.

We're just not playing good baseball. Our starting pitching underachieves at least 3 times a week, our offense has become to stationary, and our base running/defense has been bad. I'm not sure how we're still in the WC lead.....as I don't believe we're playing like a playoff baseball team.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Ozzie yesterday called the guys like Punto, Bartlett, Rivas, Castillo...etc., the slap hitters, his word for them was "Pirahnas"

The Twins broadcast hasn't stopped telling me that, they seem to love it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
We're just not playing good baseball. Our starting pitching underachieves at least 3 times a week, our offense has become to stationary, and our base running/defense has been bad. I'm not sure how we're still in the WC lead.....as I don't believe we're playing like a playoff baseball team.

Insane isn't it? Imagine if we go on a tear....the wildcard race will be over in a hurry.

This home plate umpire stinks today. I have no idea what the strike zone is for either side. Thome looked at two strikes called for balls (Not that I mind of course) but jeez, a little consistency.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)

It's because a few other teams aren't playing like playoff teams.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)

Really no question. I don't expect this team to beat anyone really, though they sometimes do. But in the end, they really are not getting it done in many ways.

Btw, my post count now has only two digits less than yours. :P

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
The Sox should have, and I thought they were, get onto a roll after the series win over NY and the sweep of the Tigers. That was good baseball.

The split with the Royals was dissapointing, and this series was a lost weekend.

Agreed. Game 1 of this series was VERY disappointing.

Then there was the great pitching performance by Adam Bernero earlier in the week.... :angry: