Hilarious! Red Sox Boards.

cgaudin

You gotta check out what Red Sox fans are saying in their boards. They are pissed! It is PHAWKING HILARIOUS what some of these poor bastards are writing. They want to jump off buildings, and fire everybody in the team other than Big Papi and Papelbon. Man this stuff is priceless! I havent laughed this hard in a long time. Get a sampling:

So who's at fault? Plenty of people.

Francona

You must be the suckiest piece of suck that ever sucked at managing. You brought in Timlin for the eighth against the Yankees when Papelbon hasn't pitched all series? You idiot. Then after the first two reach, and Lopez puts on Giambi, now you bring in Papelbon to a bases loaded no out situation. So in the end, Papelbon pitched for two innings. You just loaded up the bases first. You pulled Wily Mo Pena for Gabe ****ing Kapler! Die, die, die. You made Youks try to bunt with no one out and two men on. He has never sacrificed in his career (once in AAA) yet you decide to try and give a free out to the greatest closer in history? Then you bring in Hansen? What the high Holy hell are you thinking? **** you.

Theo and the FO can kiss my ass. I'll never get back the four days i just wasted watching this POS product. I won't make it five. No F****** Way! Keep the Kool-Aid, i ain't drinking. Thanks for wasting the best 1-2 punch in baseball you ass hats!

You gotta take 15 minutes to read this. People are going nuts over there. I hope to God we don't go through this, though. Better them than me, I always say.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
You gotta check out what Red Sox fans are saying in their boards. They are pissed! It is PHAWKING HILARIOUS what some of these poor bastards are writing. They want to jump off buildings, and fire everybody in the team other than Big Papi and Papelbon. Man this stuff is priceless! I havent laughed this hard in a long time.

Read this board some time.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Umm, it would help to know what board you're talking about? :huh

My bad. I was recovering from my aching abs from laughing so hard. The web site is REDSOXNATION.NET/forums.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Read this board some time.

I do, but somehow it isn't so funny when the Sox get drubbed and people lose their cool. I can feel THEIR pain. I feel no pain for DEAD SOX, though.

One of my favorites was a discussion about still being in the race for the WC with a lot of baseball yet to be played...and someone replied:

"Did people on the Titanic say...'Hey...at least we get to hear the band play longer...'".

Fans who are unreasonable may be comical to some, but in my opinion having such a passion for your team is what makes sports so good.

I just fail to see the humor, especially at a time when the White Sox are just as worse off as the Red Sox are.

It sucks for both of us.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Fans who are unreasonable may be comical to some, but in my opinion having such a passion for your team is what makes sports so good.

I just fail to see the humor, especially at a time when the White Sox are just as worse off as the Red Sox are.

It sucks for both of us.

You guys are much worse off. Much, much worse.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)

I fail to see the connection bro.

AL East

Yanks -

Red Sox 6.5 GB

AL Central

Tigers -

Twins 5.0

White Sox 5.5

AL Wild Card

Twins -

White Sox .5

Red Sox 5.5

They're both in the crapper right now, but the Red Sox look pretty much toast without some small miracle. The White Sox did just avoid a sweep from the Twins, so they have a little something going for them, while the Red Sox were just swept by one of the worst teams in the AL(given, on the road, but they were swept nonetheless)

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
No, we are not.

You're kidding, right? The Red Sox have exactly one starter and one reliever who don't totally suck right now. Their best hitter (yes, Manny is a better hitter than Sloppy) has a bum knee. Varitek is out for the season (Lopez is so garbage). Nobody is doing much of anything in that lineup besides Sloppy. And, you trail not one, but two teams by 5+ games in the WC. I'm not saying everything is peaches and cream for the White Sox. But they're in MUCH better shape than Boston.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Not a fan of Ortiz? I hate the Sawx, but I have a hard time disliking Ortiz.

I don't have anything against Ortiz, but no one will ever convince me that he's a better hitter than Manny. Manny may very well be the greatest run producer of all time.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
I don't have anything against Ortiz, but no one will ever convince me that he's a better hitter than Manny. Manny may very well be the greatest run producer of all time.

So god damn true, Manny is one of the all-time greatest offensive players, David Ortiz will never be anywhere near the level of Manny Ramirez. I just can't believe what I hear from some people, one f***stick (can't remember who it was) on TV actually had the balls to say Manny Ramirez wouldn't be anywhere near the player he is now without David Ortiz.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
ESPN makes me hate him. I know that's not his fault. I just can't help it.

I'm with you. At times he seems like the most overrated sports player because of all the hype that he gets from BBTN, SC, and such shows from ESPN.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
No, we are not.

I can't see how even the biggest of Red Sox homer fans could think this. I'm always pessimistic about the White Sox chances...but I'd take our position and the way we're playing 100 pct of the time over the Red Sox position.

Something interesting I heard the other day is that in LIPS, Manny's OPS is like 1.400, while Ortiz is like .800.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
No, we are not.

I have absolutely 0 confidence in the White Sox but no one in their right mind can tell me that the Red Sox are in just as good of a position as the White Sox. That makes no sense.

Edited by Rowand44