• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Prove it.

Unless you watch every single out in every single baseball game, there is no way you can justify calling one manager the worst in the league. Get real.

How about you get real and quit blindly defending our manager, even after he has an inning from hell. You can't prove he's better than anybody, other than the ring the pitching carried him to last year.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
That's a close call, Ozzie vs. Hargrove.

If we had Mike Hargrove we wouldn't actually have any good relievers, because they'd all be used up and on the DL with arm injuries.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
How about you get real and quit blindly defending our manager, even after he has an inning from hell. You can't prove he's better than anybody, other than the ring the pitching carried him to last year.

I agree with you that Ozzie sucks, but don't be one of those posters who won't accept what someone else believes in.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)

I'm blindly defending him? I don't think he's the best manager in the league, but I think its pretty clear he's not the worst in the league, nor is he even in the bottom half of managers in the league. One way or the other, look at the results. The team that he's managing has been the best team in baseball over the last two years, and is having a HELL of a year this year.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
If we had Mike Hargrove we wouldn't actually have any good relievers, because they'd all be used up and on the DL with arm injuries.

The formula tonight was simple.

Vaz till he started his blow up.

Brandon for an inning or two. the piggy back we did with El Duque last year.

Thornton/Mac in the 8th

Jenks in the 9th

Cotts enters the game if we are down by 5. Riske enters if we are down by 3.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)

As opposed to now, where we refuse to use any of our good relievers until at least the 7th, no matter how big the game is.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:20 AM)
I accept others beliefs, but not if they will NEVER criticize Ozzie, regardless of what he does.

That's fine, certain people are like that. Felix is a very optimistic person, and there's absolutely no problem with that. I used to argue with him all the time last year, but we just agreed to disagreed, and it led to better conversations.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
I'm blindly defending him? I don't think he's the best manager in the league, but I think its pretty clear he's not the worst in the league, nor is he even in the bottom half of managers in the league. One way or the other, look at the results. The team that he's managing has been the best team in baseball over the last two years, and is having a HELL of a year this year.

In spite of some of the decisions he makes. I mean there is no excuse for last inning. None

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
Looks like we have a CIVIL WAR~! here on Soxtalk..

I'm with Joey Cora that's all I know... :)

He would have ran all of his soldiers right onto the battlefield without having the slightest game plan.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Why the hell would you leave Rob in against their best Lefty reliever?

To have Anderson bat for Pods next?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
The formula tonight was simple.

Vaz till he started his blow up.

Brandon for an inning or two. the piggy back we did with El Duque last year.

Thornton/Mac in the 8th

Jenks in the 9th

Cotts enters the game if we are down by 5. Riske enters if we are down by 3.

I have no arguments with that.

Look my thoughts on Ozzie is that there are both positives and negatives to him, the main negative being his handling of the pen and the matchups he goes to etc.

But people need to remember where he's taken this team in the space of a season and a half, and where we were before he came to the Southside.