**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
That's why this year is no different than any year pre-2005. We get down a few runs, it's constant solo homers from there on out.

And then we'll bring in a bad reliever when it's 6-3 in the top of the 9th, and he'll give up another homer to Hunter. However, the Twins still have their closer come into the game, and we go down silently.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
And then we'll bring in a bad reliever when it's 6-3 in the top of the 9th, and he'll give up another homer to Hunter. However, the Twins still have their closer come into the game, and we go down silently.

Oh yeah, and this all happens against the Twins. Just like every other year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)

IMO, it doesn't matter if it's 6-5, 6-3, or 15-3 in the 9th inning. If it gets to the 9th, and Nathan comes in against us, this game ends. We still have never beaten Nathan.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)

If Hunter hits a homer in the 9th it'll be when the Sox come back and are down 1...so I doubt any of this will happen.

QUOTE(jamalmanburg @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Maybe bmac should change his last name to martinez, learn to speak spanish, and bump his level of play down a notch... then I thing ozzie would like him more.

Exactly.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
I tell you what, the Twins are going to be looking at being 4 games back in the division after tonight. They're going to have a real shot at this thing.

Twins have a very average schedule the rest of the way.

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Tigers losing 8-5 maybe we can catch them

They have been begging the Sox to catch them, but the Sox just suck right now. It will be interesting to see how the Tigers fare against the Yankees next week. Minnesota may be leading the division.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
Twins have a very average schedule the rest of the way.

But they're also playing much better baseball than the Tigers are right now.

QUOTE(jamalmanburg @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
now seems like a good time to pull macarthy. how's mackowiak on the mound? let's find out tonight huh?

Are you mad son? We can't live without Mackowiak's bat!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
Does it make me a bad fan when I hope that certain players go on the DL tonight in order to improve this team? Of course, I'm not rooting for serious injuries...just little things that they'll recover 100 pct from.

Players or manager? What if I said I'm hoping Ozzie goes Stroger.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)

Oh, I agree. I was saying that with the Twins schedule, and with how well they're playing, they can definitely win this division. They're on their way to having a 33 game turnaround during this season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)

Are you mad son? We can't live without Mackowiak's bat!

There's no need for a DH. This is a national league style team anyway.