**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
Putting people in the best position for them to fail.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

THANK YOU

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
I wish some of the good posters would post at the game thread.

:lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
I have said since day one Ozzie was a bad in game manager, and even last year he made some just flat out awful moves and always seemed to get bailed out by his players making him look like a genius. Well his luck seems to have run out this year.

The point you make is exactly why I won't, for one second, start ranting about any "luck" issues this year. Teams create their luck for the most part, and luck occurs when you're playing good baseball and making smart strategical decisions.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
I wish some of the good posters would post at the game thread.

WHERE ARE OUR BLOOPERS?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
Ozzie Guillen in 2006 = Tony Pena past 2003.

Mad Genius turned into retarded managing and losing your ballclub.

Tony Pena at least is a great guy...and had about half of Ozzie's payroll.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Ozzie Guillen in 2006 = Tony Pena past 2003.

Mad Genius turned into retarded managing and losing your ballclub.

His idiotic behavior worked last year, but that crap doesn't last long. I would be shocked if he's still managing the White Sox beyond whenever his contract runs out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
The point you make is exactly why I won't, for one second, start ranting about any "luck" issues this year. Teams create their luck for the most part, and luck occurs when you're playing good baseball and making smart strategical decisions.

WHERE ARE OUR BLOOPERS?

Take last years pitching staff, and put it on the softball teams of the 2001 through 2004 era and how many division titles we would see instead of the twinks.

We have had good overall offenses over the last few years, except for last year. And if our pitching showed up we would of won more division titles. But from s***ting the bed with the 5th starter disaster, to this years crap on wheels we have killed our team.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
No he wouldn't.

He is soooooo funny, remember when he called that wierdo a f**??? He says someone the craziest things EVAR!!! And he speaks sOOoo crazyyyy!!!

There are way too many Sox fans that still think that

I hate Mariotti with a passion, but I cringed when I read in the paper earlier this week that Ozzie didn't want to take back that comment. I'm surprised I didn't see a thread about the article, as Ozzie was complaining that people are too critical of his managing, and he might just want to quit managing and hang out with his family. You suck Ozzie....now go play with Ozney.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)

WHERE ARE OUR BLOOPERS?

I definately think there's something deeper than that different about Ozzie's style this year. Last year, when he'd make an idiotic move, like starting Timo at 1b or something like that, we'd still lose games. But then he never did things that would really kill you that often, except when Timo was leading off...he kept Carl Everett out of the OF for the most part, he didn't obsess nearly this much over the righty/lefty matchup (except for his 9 righty lineup against Santana), he didn't hurt his defense to put offense on the field beyond what people needed for rest.

This year, it's like he's taken all of the tendencies that cost us games last year and expanded them...so that we no longer see the good games in-between.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I hate Mariotti with a passion, but I cringed when I read in the paper earlier this week that Ozzie didn't want to take back that comment. I'm surprised I didn't see a thread about the article, as Ozzie was complaining that people are too critical of his managing, and he might just want to quit managing and hang out with his family. You suck Ozzie....now go play with Ozney.

I think his kids won't let him quit. They are living the good life.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
I definately think there's something deeper than that different about Ozzie's style this year. Last year, when he'd make an idiotic move, like starting Timo at 1b or something like that, we'd still lose games. But then he never did things that would really kill you that often, except when Timo was leading off...he kept Carl Everett out of the OF for the most part, he didn't obsess nearly this much over the righty/lefty matchup (except for his 9 righty lineup against Santana), he didn't hurt his defense to put offense on the field beyond what people needed for rest.

This year, it's like he's taken all of the tendencies that cost us games last year and expanded them...so that we no longer see the good games in-between.

And that's why I constantly whine about how he has no use how to handle this team's personnel.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:26 AM)
McCarthy really shoving it up Ozzie's ass.

There's not enough room in there do to Gardenhire and the piranhas.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
For a guy who needs to be stretched out, McCarthy lasted longer than Contreras.

If Ozzie doesnt put him in the rotation, then I cannot wait for the Q&A session at soxfest. Keep going with guys getting shelled and our pitcher of the future sits. Last year he pulled this crap with El Duque. El Duque was out on the DL like usual, Bmac was 2 hitting Boston and Texas then when the 80 year old came back. He went into the rotation. Then he went with that silly piggy back, where El Duque would get rocked and Bmac would shut the team down for the next 4 to 7 innings. It was only when Ozzie saw the Indians come close that he blinked.

Ozzie we dont have a 15 game lead to blow. Its time to start bmac. With him and Garland we will give our offense a fighting chance.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
I don't think you could get Hawk to actually criticize Ozzie, even if you have a gun to his head. Hawk does everything but blame Ozzie for so many things.

Although he did cry about the lack of the wheel play, something he hasn't seen since 2004. He ripped Manuel for never using it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
Punto = pwned.

Too bad none of our other pitchers actually attack him like that. The others nibble the outside corner.

Right on! Castillio, Tyner, Punto all look to put pitches outside of the zone into play. Anything down the middle and they either fly out or ground out harmlessly. Sox gotta attack their punch-n-judy hitters down the middle and nibble the corners on the Twin power hitters.

And Brandon just completed 5 1/3 innings. Anybody believe he's starting for Vazquez next week?