**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? I'm damn happy that Gload is the guy coming to the plate right here. Which means, of course, Ozzie will pinch hit for him. Don't ask me how, don't ask me who'll play 1st base since Konerko's at DH, somehow it'll happen.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
I think the Tigers will spend a lot of money though in the offseason. Also, they have some real good young pitching prospects. Also, Kenny Rogers could be 50, and we still can't beat him. We're going to have some issues in the division as long as we can't beat C.C., Johan, Liriano, Bernero :P and Rogers.

The bottom line is we shouldn't win this season, since our pitching isn't up to par. There's nothing we can do about it. It just wasn't meant to be. I now understand how Steinbrenner feels when his team of all-stars don't win it. Somehow you feel you've been cheated. The talent in this lineup and the apparent pitching rotation, I realistically thought we would win 110 games this year. The pitching on this team has been an almost implausible letdown. No one expected a worst case scenario from this pitching staff, but somehow it happened. Someone F***ed up and allowed this team to underachieve for too long. I feel Ozzie's staff is not very professional, just a bunch of his old cronies. Cora especially, he hasn't a clue.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
CF defense really comes into play now. IF ROB MACKOWIAK EVER PLAYS CF AGAIN, OZZIE AND KW SHOULD BE FIRED AND SENT TO THE MENTAL WARD IMMEDIATELY.

It's honestly amazing. I'm of the opinion he should lose his job over this...but I'm not a good poster.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
You know what? I'm damn happy that Gload is the guy coming to the plate right here. Which means, of course, Ozzie will pinch hit for him. Don't ask me how, don't ask me who'll play 1st base since Konerko's at DH, somehow it'll happen.

Pablo will play first