AND THIS BALL GAME IS OVA!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to watch it. Did Cora send a guy again who got thrown out by a mile?

I agree he should be demoted now if that's the case ... again.

I mean we all want runners to score on hits but geez our team has a bunch of

plodders. Hold 'em at third.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
I didn't get to watch it. Did Cora send a guy again who got thrown out by a mile?

I agree he should be demoted now if that's the case ... again.

I mean we all want runners to score on hits but geez our team has a bunch of

plodders. Hold 'em at third.

Yes, he did. Konerko was out by two miles, actually.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
ozzie just said that Logan is coming up Friday (in addition to others, I'm sure).

The Legend wasn't ready the first time around, this time though i'm hoping he can dominate. Remember the game against the tribe on may second, where he went 2.1 struck out 5 and just one BB; that was awesome. Hes been great down at AAA and i hope he can continue his sucess at the bigs.

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
The Legend wasn't ready the first time around, this time though i'm hoping he can dominate. Remember the game against the tribe on may second, where he went 2.1 struck out 5 and just one BB; that was awesome. Hes been great down at AAA and i hope he can continue his sucess at the bigs.

That game was enough to show me that Boone could hang at the major league level. He just made those Indians hitters look silly. He just needed some more seasoning/experience.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
It's really disappointing conisdering what Cotts did last year. He was lights out!

His troubles can explained in one simple word -- delivery.

I've never had a comparison to draw from until I picked up my friends copy of the World Series DVD yesterday. In it, it's quite noticeable the difference from October opposed to now.

As of recently, his follow throw is one continuous motion. Last season, and years past, there was a noticeable delay before his release. A sort of pump action. I have NO idea why Neal abandoned this, considering its been used his entire career, but its needs to be readopted.

We're witnessing what Cotts is capable of without deception. MEAT. When a sneaky fastball isn't sneaky, and there's no viable secondary pitch, he's no better than Cliff Politte.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

this is the 2nd time in a row it seems when a Cotts/Riske combo has blown up. Riske is apposed to be our last guy out of the pen and for being that he has been pretty damn good so not 2 mad about that but Cotts frustates me. If it stays this way in Sept. I wouldnt be against keeping him off the playoff roster.

I have no problem with them getting innings in a blowout because that's about all they can be trusted with these days. Run differentials don't mean a damn thing. But seriously, nine runs? We can't keep Tampa down for less than nine runs?!

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
If you can throw Mark Redman at them for the rest of the season, yes, they're done.

They can't hit the soft s***. Anything above 90 they hit.

You think there's a reason they hit Vazquez and Contreras but got shutdown by Buehrle? They can't hit junkballers.

Sounds familiar don't it? Maybe we should call up Charlie Haeger for the next Twins series :bang

Wonder what Cotts's main issue is right now.

For those who have been watching him lately, is his velocity down, is he just missing his spots, or is fastball just not that deceptive now that hitters would have seen it quite a few times?

You also have to remember, for a while early on in 2005, a simple adjustment of him just looking at the catcher's mitt IIRC was all the help he needed in become such a good reliever last season from then on.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:45 AM)
this is the 2nd time in a row it seems when a Cotts/Riske combo has blown up. Riske is apposed to be our last guy out of the pen and for being that he has been pretty damn good so not 2 mad about that but Cotts frustates me. If it stays this way in Sept. I wouldnt be against keeping him off the playoff roster.

Riske is only good in the 6th/7th inning, and belongs no where near the 8th. Also i agree on the Cotts front.

A couple of my two cents:

a) Freddy? Pfft. He was ooookay, but his excuse that he can't hold runners on because he "breaks his rhythm" is BUSH LEAGUE crap.

B) Cotts? Does Neal have more than one pitch this year? Besides the meatball over the plate? Seriously--what is his other pitch?

c) Riske... is starting to become Risky.

d) It was embarassing that we gave up so many runs and let them get back and then had to have Jenks in. Jenks should not have even had to get up out of his chair the way that game was going initially.

e) Dye = God

f) WHO IN GOD'S NAME is saying the Twins are done? U r kidding, no? The Twins I would NEVER count out, Liriano or not, and remember: not only do they have our number, they are not afraid of us, not even at the Cell, and it shows. Our last three games are against them. I'd be hoping to put them as far in the rearview mirror as humanly possible. If it comes down to that three games--history will not go easy on us.

That said, I'd like to see a more medieval beatdown on the sad-sack Tampa Bay team than the almost gift-wrapped choke we provided last night. We are bettter than this.