Devil Rays @ Sox - August 31 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been watching Javy ever since he came into the MLB.

Unlike most fans I just dont trash players for no reason.

From what I can recall the Sox gave TB an extra out that inning with the pop up and Javy only gave up 1 run.

Boo f***ing hoo

Tell me how great Chris Young is again.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
close call, but I'd take Freddy

Me too...Vazquez is a loser...Freddy isn't. Freddy may be a jerk calling his teammates out, but does ANYONE think IN ANY UNIVERSE Vazquez could pitch us to a 1-0 world series clincher? Hell no...the guy sucks and we gave up a boatload for him.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
close call, but I'd take Freddy

That sure is a tough decision. But Freddy's mediocre heater, coupled with his inability to hold runners, is a MAJOR concern. Of course so is Javy's lack of concentration

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
id rather have vazquez than garcia....

In his defense, Vazquez at least tries to get guys out no matter what team it is, you can't say the same for Garcia.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Me too...Vazquez is a loser...Freddy isn't. Freddy may be a jerk calling his teammates out, but does ANYONE think IN ANY UNIVERSE Vazquez could pitch us to a 1-0 world series clincher? Hell no...the guy sucks and we gave up a boatload for him.

you think the 88 mph fastball 2006 version of freddy can take is into a 1-0 world series clincher? hell no

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)

LMAO...No reason at all....None, Javier Vazquez is so worth everything he is getting paid and all that we gave up.

Forget Chris Young...I wouldnt have even given up Vizciano and El Duque for him....he stinks.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)

From what I can recall the Sox gave TB an extra out that inning with the pop up and Javy only gave up 1 run.

Boo f***ing hoo

I've watched a lot of Vaz too over the years. Hawk has said it before, for a guy with his stuff it's hard to believe he's at or near .500.

The frustrating thing with him is he has games, like the Toronto game this year with his FB working, or the games he pitched against the Sox with the NYY where his change-up was so effective, then for the next 10 games he gets burned on bad sliders and curves.

Boo f***ing hoo

Exactly...still would rather have kept young, but you gotta give him credit for only giving up 1 after Crede missed that one...if it were Garland, it would have been 3 more pages of praise for getting out of that with minimal damage...

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Vazquez is a loser with 11 wins.

I wonder where the Sox would be without Javy's 6 wins in the first 2 months.

I wonder where most pitchers would be with the run support Vazquez has gotten (best in the league, IIRC)

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Vazquez is a loser with 11 wins.

I wonder where the Sox would be without Javy's 6 wins in the first 2 months.

Isn't he also among the lead league in run support? There are a ton of pitchers in the majors that have 50 pct of Vazquez's stuff, but they have something he doesn't: guts.

Boo f***ing hoo

Okay. He's great.

Thanks for playing.

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Broadway is starting for AAA tonight, please by the grace of god let him be in the starting rotation next year, him & McCarthy.

If Broadway AND McCArthy are in the starting rotation next year, i would say were in trouble. Maybe in 2008

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Exactly...still would rather have kept young, but you gotta give him credit for only giving up 1 after Crede missed that one...if it were Garland, it would have been 3 more pages of praise for getting out of that with minimal damage...

Yea, because Garland has done it time and time again...Garland hasn't gotten 9 runs of support like this guy...Garland is 16-4 with a sub 4 era in his last 13 starts....Garland has won titles....Garland can make it through lineups more than twice....Garland has STARTED winning streaks....Garland has STOPPED losing streaks...Garland is getting paid LESS...Garland was acquired for LESS....Diminishing returns be damned.

To compare Javier Vazquez with Jon Garland is beyond hilarious...without Garland we'd be out of this race....Vazquez has single-handedly given back momentum Garland has given us TIME AND TIME again...go look it up...go to each of Jon Garland's wins and find out HOW MANY TIMES Vazquez (who is behind him in the rotation) has FOLLOWED UP Garland with a win. And find out how many times Vazquez has blown a winning streak.

The jury is out on this guy...we got done over a barrell over this over-priced stiff