Sox @ Royals, September 1, 2006 7:05 p.m.

MHizzle85

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Hey, the Yankees are beating the Twins almost this badly. yay! Another day of 1/2 game in front of the wild card.

I wonder if the A's can catch us.

Can't wait for that 3 game set in Oakland next week, a sweep by the A's wouldn't surprise me one bit. And BTW, it might be a good idea if OZ put Alomar in for AJ, move Mack to right for Dye, put Anderson in CF, and put Gload in for Thome. The way this offense has been lately, i 'm not very confident we can come back in this one, might as well give these guys some rest.......BTW, nice SOLO job by Crede

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
It was a gapper pure and simple sharply hit . Assuming BA starts in the same position as Mac theres no way he gets it.

Sure because Anderson never has caught a liner in the gap. Never this year.

Another thing, Anderson positions himself a hell of a lot better. And has natural instincts off the crack of the bat.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
This is the same KC team that just took 2 of 3 in the Dome, so they have been playing better...GONE!!!!!!!! See start talking up the Royals and here comes the Offense LOL

The Royals have a top notch offense but we also need to realize Jose Contreras is not the god some posters seem to think he is. The guy has been nothing but mediocre since being placed on the DL and I'd make a case that he's been even worse than mediocre.

Our rotation sucks, its pretty simple and easy to see. Of course our defense definately didn't help him out, but Jose did get hit hard too that inning.

This team is getting shut down and blown out by the ROYALS. Doesn't the embarresment motivate them to play?

Nope, this season it motivates them to give up. I think most of them are thinking about coming back to win tomorrow. I hope they aren't thinking about which BBQ restaurant they're going to eat at after the game.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Nope, this season it motivates them to give up. I think most of them are thinking about coming back to win tomorrow. I hope they aren't thinking about which BBQ restaurant they're going to eat at after the game.

At least Anderson will be well rested enough for him and B-Mac to go pick up some hunnies....

Maybe that was Ozzies motivation to bench him, he wanted him well rested for the ladies...

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
There's no reason to pitch Contreras anymore tonight.

Or for a few weeks, he's been absolutely terrible lately. He's pulling a Buehrle right now. In fact, Garcia is the only pitcher i can think of that hasn't had a string of implosions this year, unlike the other 4 guys. That's sad.