White Sox vs. Royals......Goin for the Series

letsgoarow

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Freddy, we need you to step it up massive tomorrow. There is no game left that is not a big game. We need a big game from you. We don't need a shutout. All I want is a quality start. 6 innings, 3 runs. Give us that and give it to the bullpen.

Come on guys, 4-2 against these 2 teams is respectable. In this last 32-game stretch, if we win every series, that gives us about 96 wins. We can't afford to lose series, we need to win this one tomorrow.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
I hope Sweeney starts today. I really want to see him in some big leaue action.

yeah, i would love Ryan to start. IMO, Ryan is a .280 at worst right way in the bigs. If he can hit well, I hope Oz just keeps him there for the rest of the year and it leads into next year. the kid is a stud and a very underrated stud in terms of prospect value. He's a four tool player minus the speed, but by no means is he slow.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
yeah, i would love Ryan to start. IMO, Ryan is a .280 at worst right way in the bigs. If he can hit well, I hope Oz just keeps him there for the rest of the year and it leads into next year. the kid is a stud and a very underrated stud in terms of prospect value. He's a four tool player minus the speed, but by no means is he slow.

Ryan Sweeney just seems like the type of rookie that you call-up, and he will produce right away, doesn't he? He will be a stud, anyone with that swing will be a stud.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst today. This blurb troubles me...

Redman discovered a new pitch, the cutter, in holding the league's best-hitting team at bay. Only one Twin reached second base and Redman did not walk a batter as the Royals recorded their second shutout of the roadtrip.

let's hope he loses it as fast as he found it.

:gosox1:

I would not mind seeing a... Sweeney-Anderson-Dye. That would be the best defensive outfield we have put out there this whole season. No disrespect to Macko, but Sweeney is damn good and has actually played in the outfield his whole minor league career.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
I've been meaning to ask - where does one find the announced lineups prior to gametime anyway?

Sometimes the radio announces them, sometimes on Reifert's blog and then on MLB gameday.

Before the series with Tampa, many said 4-2 is the worst the Sox have to go if they are serious about the playoffs. After 5 games the Sox are 3-2 and need to win this game to meet the modest 4-2 goal.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
I hope Sweeney starts today. I really want to see him in some big leaue action.

I know nothing about Sweeney, but I can't wait to see him and his sexy swing.

Pick up win #80 today plz.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
No ryan sweeney. Pablo starting in LF again. I'm really bummed out now. :(

It was highly unlikely his first start would have come against a lefty anyhow. We could see him in the game though if we can get to the KC pen.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Crede, 3B

Pierzynski, C

Anderson, CF

Uribe, SS

Thome back in. I hope he can actually run today. If he's still like Friday night, ugh!

Gload should have been somewhere in that starting lineup today. Other than that, looks good---no Pods, and Anderson in CF!

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

I understand and agree with the philosophy of "going with your best," but if your best isn't healthy, he's probably not your best option. I'd like to see Thome sit for a week especially with Gload hitting well.

If the Sox are to repeat, I think they'll need good contributions from Contreras and Thome. Ozzie needs to make sure they're healthy as can be for October baseball.