Ozuna?

AlexB2009

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bottom line he'd be a better everyday player than Pods at this point.

I totally agree. I would also take Sweeney in left field and leadoff everyday instead of Pods. I'm not saying that he is a better fit than Ozuna, but if my choice was between Sweeney and Pods I choose Sweeney. At the very least he will greatly improve our defense.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Bottom line he'd be a better everyday player than Pods at this point.

So would quite a few bench players.

My problem with Pablo is he's good guy to hit against LH'ers every once in a while, thats it.

His OBP is completley fueled by is high and unsustianable batting average.

I'd rather see Sweeney leadoff everyday before Pablo to be completley honest.

But I will agree with you in one area: His is a better option than our boys Pods.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
I totally agree. I would also take Sweeney in left field and leadoff everyday instead of Pods. I'm not saying that he is a better fit than Ozuna, but if my choice was between Sweeney and Pods I choose Sweeney. At the very least he will greatly improve our defense.

Plus we'd be helping our future by getting Ryan a decent amount of major league at bats.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)

Yup. Sweeney against RHP, Ozuna against LHP. That shoudl be how it is for now. I even think Ryan may be a better baserunning threat than PODS at this point.

Until he pissed off the Cardinals by aging a few years, Pablo Ozuna was going to replace Edgar Renteria. Why can he not replace Uribe for the next 24 games?

Then Sweeney, Gload or Pods can play left?

Oh right he and Mackowiak have forgotten how to play any other position because they are playing positions they are incapable of.

Do you think it is tough to learn a new position and bat lead-off???