And that's a White Sox loser

aboz56

Why in the world would any competent human being start McCarthy in the 9th of a tie game (one that we had to win by the way)? Where was Thornton? Jenks?

Then it gets worse as we put Logan and Tracey who are both jokes into the game to make the lead even bigger for "Big Mac" Sabathia and the Tribe.

A golden opportunity to pick up another game on Detroit down the toilet again today.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
Not only do they not pick one up on Detriot, but they're now 1.5 back of Minnesota. Things do not look good on the South Side.

Don't worry, Guillen won't let them give up. He's truly a baseball genius. I mean, 5 relievers in an inning?! That's the kind of insanity that only comes with genius.

I feel worse about our team now than I did prior to this series. Even though we got 3 good starts by our pitchers, our bullpen now only has 2 reliable arms, and our offense against lefty pitchers continues to be useless.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Don't worry, Guillen won't let them give up. He's truly a baseball genius. I mean, 5 relievers in an inning?! That's the kind of insanity that only comes with genius.

He just wanted to make sure they all would get some confidence today.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)

We're in trouble once Liriano comes back.

How many games are left this season? 22-23?

Can't have fat piles of s*** such as Sabathia mowing us down. What happens when we're facing Liriano and Santana to conclude the season and need two victories?

Oh, and I love how our two minor league pitchers -- Logan and Tracey -- once again showed everyone how great our system is. They looked like their diapers were full on the mound.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
I feel worse about our team now than I did prior to this series. Even though we got 3 good starts by our pitchers, our bullpen now only has 2 reliable arms, and our offense against lefty pitchers continues to be useless.

He just wanted to make sure they all would get some confidence today.

I agree with the first comment for sure. This pen is so bad, and the worse they get the more Thornton, MacDougal and Jenks (when he starts pitching better) are used. There are going to be more days like this simply because they can't pitch everyday and the starters aren't going nine.

If BMac wasn't so awful out of the pen the Sox probably win.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
We blew a big chance to get within 2 1/2 games. :angry:

If I was in KW's position the first pitcher I would get rid of is Vasquez. Our bullpen lately has given me a few grey hairs!

Vazquez isn't a problem. He still has some breakdowns out there, but he's one of the few guys that seems to be getting better as the season goes on. We have a lot more other problems more serious than Vazquez.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Wouldn't you know, using MacDougal for over an inning yesterday (after pitching the day before) left him unavailable.

I knew this situation would occur with Sabathia pitching. Runs wouldn't be easy to come by. MacDougal was desperately needed in the 9th.

The only thing that kinda makes me think, is why wasn't Jenks available for the eighth? He only threw 7 pitches yesterday, and if he isn't actually hurt, then he should have been able to give something today.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
We blew a big chance to get within 2 1/2 games. :angry:

If I was in KW's position the first pitcher I would get rid of is Vasquez. Our bullpen lately has given me a few grey hairs!

Wait, you would get rid of Vazquez because the bullpen has given you grey hairs?

Vazquez has pitched well the last month.

There are atleast five pitchers I'd kick out of the door before even considering trading Vazquez. He gave this team everything today. 127 damn pitches.

It will really be a sad state of affairs if a team that has played this poorly for this long manages to get into the playoffs.

Why would it be a sad state of affairs? Playoff baseball anything can happen.

I just don't think we're going to make it and that's a sad state of affairs.

How we can waste all these home runs is beyond me.

And will we ever win a series from a team in our division again??

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Wouldn't you know, using MacDougal for over an inning yesterday (after pitching the day before) left him unavailable.

I knew this situation would occur with Sabathia pitching. Runs wouldn't be easy to come by. MacDougal was desperately needed in the 9th.

Yeah. Yesterday's piss-poor effort from the bullpen really bit us in the ass today. I'm sure MacDougal would have been used in the 8th/9th today if he didn't have to throw about two innings yesterday.

:sigh

Go get 'em out on the West Coast, boys.