Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it up Jon.

Garland must step up today. Loaiza has been in a groove lately, and it seems he's found a significant chunk of that velocity that disappeared after the 2003 season. He is probably going to pitch a good game. Which means that Jon Garland will need to pitch a better one.

And Jon...if you have to...just pitch around Frank this time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
Keep it up Jon.

Garland must step up today. Loaiza has been in a groove lately, and it seems he's found a significant chunk of that velocity that disappeared after the 2003 season. He is probably going to pitch a good game. Which means that Jon Garland will need to pitch a better one.

And Jon...if you have to...just pitch around Frank this time.

No thanks. Bust him inside with 2 seamers and he will get himself out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Can't remember the last time I liked the pitching match-up going into Oakland.

Dont expect help from anyone else. Win these games, at worst we will stay were we are at right now, and take care of the Tigers and Twins when those games come.

Just win.

No kidding. Did you see the dogs that Cleveland and Baltimore are throwing out there on the mound tonight? Wow.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
No kidding. Did you see the dogs that Cleveland and Baltimore are throwing out there on the mound tonight? Wow.

Hayden Penn is the #3 prospect in the Orioles system right now, he's struggled at the major league level thus far but the ability is still there. Fausto Carmona on the other hand has just been horrendous since being promoted, I really havn't seen anything positive from him.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
Not the same guy.

Not the same Frank either.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
another wciu game.

awesome

Mother F***er.

Well, at least they're in Oakland, so hopefully Extra Innings should carry the game with Oakland's announcers.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
I like the pitching matchups the whole series. I like our chances for 2 of 3, which is what I'd like to see.

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bringit :gosox1:

2 out of 3 would be nice...considering we have won 4 in the last 4 years there.

The Twins and Tigers are locks if there ever was one tonight.........assuming the youth of Baltimore and Cleveland do not show up.

The key to this game is the lineup coming through. Oakland may be good for 4 runs today and each game, hopefully less. We can not look the fool offensivly. If we execute our pitches and do not run away and hide each game should be like the Angels. Assuming pods doesn't f*** anything up. Maybe someone can give him some bad swordfish.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
I like the pitching matchups the whole series. I like our chances for 2 of 3, which is what I'd like to see.

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bringit :gosox1:

2 of 3 sounds good during any time of the season .............. except now. The SOX can win 2 of 3 and we will STILL lose ground to someone this weekend. We need a SWEEEEP. in the worst way.

Looking at the rest of the weekend, I have the Twinks taking 2 of 3 from the Indians, with a real possibility of sweeping that series (knowing they are just 1 game out). They are riding on FUMES and MOMENTUM (hahaha, I said momentum). I dont see how the Tigers DONT win 2 of 3 against the Orioles. Simply put, a SOX SWEEP gains us ground no matter what. The SOX cannot accept anything less. Time is running out. A SWEEP sets us up to knock Detroit off the mountain for the 1st time (and probably only time) as the Tigers and Twinks could be separated by 1 game, while were 2 back. The Twinks go to Boston, then go to Baltimore. We need to be on FIRE by then ......

The whole point of this post ...... IS IM VERY NERVOUS

A SOX SWEEP this weekend sets us up to move into 1st place for the first time this season ......

on paper we should lose ground this weekend.

Which is why it's going to be fun to watch them disappoint the fans in detriot and tinky-winky land who are counting on it.

I think we're being treated to something we've been waiting for all season - a stretch of dominant starts by our front five. And it's just getting started.