Ozzie likes Mack in center

chisox72

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Real classy line about Frank Thomas in that article too..

Everytime Ozzie talks nowadays it makes me ashamed to be a Sox fan.

Ozzie is what he is....and that is an ignorant loud mouth. Do we really expect anything more from him at this point?

Mackowiak said he's surprised he's been used as much as he has been, but definitely wasn't going to complain.

''I think I've been a little surprised because I haven't played the greatest defense, and you have to have your best out there at this time of the year, especially center field,'' Mackowiak said. ''I guess we need offense in there too right now.''

See even Mackowiak himself agrees!! WTF, Ozzie!!

Why is Uribe and his sub 200 hitting for the last month in the lineup then. Why isnt Cintron in there.

Why is prancer out in LF, if we are worried about anything.

Ozzie is full of s***, the sooner he goes bye bye, the better. Take Walker and Cora with him.

Ozzie in 2006 = Tony Pena past 2003.

The crazy believe shirts and all that jazz worked for one year. Then the next year, his crazy pitching moves, silly lineups, and wierd crap killed him there.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
Did Brian sleep with one of Ozzie's sons or something? Why does he have such a disliking for him?

Because our manager is a child, a bitter selfish child.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Why is Uribe and his sub 200 hitting for the last month in the lineup then. Why isnt Cintron in there.

Why is prancer out in LF, if we are worried about anything.

Ozzie is full of s***, the sooner he goes bye bye, the better. Take Walker and Cora with him.

He's just trying to fire up Anderson and give Mack some confidence out there. Uribe and Podsednik are both vets that play better if their manager just keeps sending them out there day after day even if they suck, the second he says something negative about either of them, they'll likely lose all confidence and become bad players.

Ozzie is just saying the same damn things he's been saying all year because he doesn't want his team to panic, if that means talking about how bad Anderson is every day to the press and sending a corner OF out to CF each night then so be it. The last thing he needs is a team with a sense of urgency.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
He's just trying to fire up Anderson and give Mack some confidence out there. Uribe and Podsednik are both vets that play better if their manager just keeps sending them out there day after day even if they suck, the second he says something negative about either of them, they'll likely lose all confidence and become bad players.

Ozzie is just saying the same damn things he's been saying all year because he doesn't want his team to panic, if that means talking about how bad Anderson is every day to the press and sending a corner OF out to CF each night then so be it. The last thing he needs is a team with a sense of urgency.

I am going to spend the money on the weekend package for soxfest just to get downtown for a weekend, and so I can ask a question at the Q&A session. I have to ask if Ozzie lost his goddamn mind.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
But what is he bitter about? What did Brian do? Or is it that Ozzie loved Rowand and is holding a grudge against Brian for his taking his spot?

Kid remember last year. We had Pods go down, we needed offense deperately. And Gload was rocking the world down in AAA. He decides to play Timo as his DH, and LF, and 1st baseman. Because putting a guy hitting a buck fifty makes us a better team. I remember watching the Yankee Sox series in Yankee stadium and seeing Timo Perez leading off at DH. Now why can Timo who is slow, and cant hit lead off. Yet we cant put Mack in LF and leadoff.

This is why Joe Nossek left this team after Ozzie got hired. I am sure he saw crazy crap on the horizon and decided to get off this bus before he went nuts on the bench.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Alot of us can't stand Ozzie now. Can you imagine what he is going to be like when the media really starts to criticize him, and he gets the "Me against the world mentality...."

:wacko:

He'll keep threatening that he'll quit. Hopefully the door will hit him on the way out. I can't believe that after a week in which we consistently saw no hustle or intensity on key plays from guys like Pods, AJP, and Dye, Ozzie finally decided to snap and it was due to a lack of alcohol in the clubhouse.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
He'll keep threatening that he'll quit. Hopefully the door will hit him on the way out. I can't believe that after a week in which we consistently saw no hustle or intensity on key plays from guys like Pods, AJP, and Dye, Ozzie finally decided to snap and it was due to a lack of alcohol in the clubhouse.

And the fact that he scapegoats our rookie CF for his lack of offense, and then decides to play a SS that has been horrible all year long, a LF that wouldnt start on the Royals. This is a good ole boys network going on here. Cotts is our worst reliever, yet for whatever reason of insanity he has the most appearances.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
So it's not just the fans, baseball anylists and baseball writers anymore? Hawk Harrelson has now jumped on the what the hell is Ozzie thinking bandwagon? So even Ozzie's biggest backer can see how completely insane his lineups have become, wow.

Don't worry, he disclaimed his thoughts by saying there's no other manager he'd rather have.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
So it's not just the fans, baseball anylists and baseball writers anymore? Hawk Harrelson has now jumped on the what the hell is Ozzie thinking bandwagon? So even Ozzie's biggest backer can see how completely insane his lineups have become, wow.

This could get ugly ...