Ozzie likes Mack in center

chisox72

I cant believe some of you hate Oz so much, the one guy who led

us to the first World Series title in chicago history since horse and buggy

was the main form of transportation.

How soon we forget the ticker tape parade?

Why not hate KW who gave Oz BA and Mack to pick from instead of automatically

penciling in Rowand.

Both sucked this year. BA on offense; Mack on defense.

And yes I know what BA is hitting since the break.

Fire Oz and replace him with ... who. Joe Girardi??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Hilarious thread. I bet you all were screaming that Mack lost us the game last night as well.

His pathetic defensive play was the turning point of the game.

According to Jessie Rogers, KW was on the Score last week, and he told Rogers/Offman that he has no clue why Mackowiak is in CF. Whenever he asks Ozzie about it, Ozzie says it's for more offense.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
There is no way Kenny brought in Mack to play CF. Not a chance. It was to back up everyone else, and it was a solid move. Anderson is a young, devolving player, capable of 500 AB's. If Mack was to play CF once a week, I would have no problem with it, at all. Everyone needs a day off, and while Mack is bad in CF, you can get by with him in CF every 7, 8 days.

I have come to one simple conclusion:

Rob Mackowiak must be traded this offseason. I liked the deal to get Mack, I like having him as a potential backup for Crede if his back goes down, I like having him as an option to back up JD, PK, whoever we have in LF, and Iguchi. But the only way to stop Ozzie Guillen from costing us 10 more games on defense next year is for Rob Mackowiak to not be on this lineup.

PH6Sunday9-17.jpg

contribution.0.jpg

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
I was thinking about it about a week ago. Mack should be the odd man out this off-season. We need a backup CF. A real CF. I am Williams biggest fan, but that was a mistake by Kenny not to get a real back up for CF.

Now, you get a guy that can backup Brian in CF, play some good D. You then have Cintron to back up 3B and 2b, and Ozuna to back up SS. 1B is taken care of. For some reason Ozzie doesnt think Rob can play the corners in the OF, so what else can Mack do?

He he value, and not really sure of his place here next season...

I disagree. I don't think we need a "real backup CF". We haven't needed a real backup RF almost all year. We need someone who can come in once every 15 games and Give Anderson an extra day off, just like Ozzie does with most of the other guys on this team. Rob Mackowiak could be an ideal candidate for that...but this year has convinced me that Ozzie simply won't use him that way, he'll play him as a platoon CF, no matter how good Anderson looks in CF or how much he learns at the plate.

Therefore, the only thing we can do is take away Ozzie's ability to use Mackowiak that way by removing Mackowiak.

If we don't have a backup CF...Ozzie Guillen can't play the backup CF 2/3 of the key games.