Mariners @ Sox 7:05 PM Gamethread

MHizzle85

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
Haven't the posts on this board showed you that most Sox fans are happy with the Sox performance this year? Or, they are happy about last year and are giving the Sox a pass for this year. Or, they have come up with handy excuses for the Sox horrible play. So don't expect booing. Most Sox fans are okay with this s***.

You act like we're under .500 or something.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:53 AM)

We're well under .500 since the ASB, and the intensity level has been pathetic down the stretch. I have no problem with this team not making the playoffs...not once in the last 3 months did they give me any reason to think they're better than the Tigers and Twins. However, what's not acceptable is how these guys have just turned off the engine since this month started. If Ozzie didn't win the WS last year, there'd be a lot of people saying he deserves to be fired.

What, exactly will booing accomplish?

Kenny is already pissed with this team's performance. Hawk is finally starting to question Guillen and the players realize the position they put them in.

Why stop with booing? Let's throw trash on the field and run after Neal Cotts after he gives up yet another 9th inning run. Let's show those Cub fans who means business!

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
What, exactly will booing accomplish?

Kenny is already pissed with this team's performance. Hawk is finally starting to question Guillen and the players realize the position they put them in.

Why stop with booing? Let's throw trash on the field and run after Neal Cotts after he gives up yet another 9th inning run. Let's show those Cub fans who means business!

All I said was that I'm surprised there's not more booing. Chicago fans seem to boo quite frequently, and everyone knows how frustrated our fans are right now. In a way, I'm proud of our fans for staying classy.

Since early July, we are under .500. And the problem that I have with this team is that they haven't played well, or with fire and intensity in the second half. I'll give them credit for doing well in the first half, and then crapping their pants in the second half. I'm not pissed at the results; I'm pissed at the (lack of) effort.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
We're well under .500 since the ASB, and the intensity level has been pathetic down the stretch. I have no problem with this team not making the playoffs...not once in the last 3 months did they give me any reason to think they're better than the Tigers and Twins. However, what's not acceptable is how these guys have just turned off the engine since this month started. If Ozzie didn't win the WS last year, there'd be a lot of people saying he deserves to be fired.

Realistically is a manager going to get fired if his team wins say 90 games in a season?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
Realistically is a manager going to get fired if his team wins say 90 games in a season?

If we didn't win the WS last year, and with all the crap off the field with Ozzie this season, there'd be a huge uproar in the media about how this team played like a bunch of dogs over the last two months.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)

Gene LaMont did. Not only was he fired, he suffered the ultimate humiliation and was replaced by Bevington. The only way Ozzie gets fired is if his mouth gets him fired.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
Does anyone else hate Uribe's bat toss every time he hits a can of corn to the OF?

He's our best hitter right now...the ball's just not jumping in the cold weather tonight.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
Gene LaMont did. Not only was he fired, he suffered the ultimate humiliation and was replaced by Bevington. The only way Ozzie gets fired is if his mouth gets him fired.

:pray

Probably not, but what a manager should be judged on is how well he did with the talent he was given. He was given 100+ win talent and this is what he's done with them. And it wasn't just bad luck. He makes bad lineups, bad decisions with starting pitchers, handles the bullpen poorly and makes other bad in-game decisions.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
Does anyone else hate Uribe's bat toss every time he hits a can of corn to the OF?

Because in his mind he thinks he went Profundo.

Nice to see another pile of dung shutting down our team. The only thing that this corpseball hopefully will acomplish is the final nail in the coffin for our poor hitting coach.

I should correct myself. Lamont didn't win 90 his last full season because of the strike year, but he had the Sox on the verge of making the playoffs 2 straight years, something they had never done. Schueler brings in dogs like Sabo and Kruk and the Sox play bad and Geno is looking for work. He got a raw deal, so raw its probably why Leyland chose to manage the Marlins over the White Sox.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
Probably not, but what a manager should be judged on is how well he did with the talent he was given. He was given 100+ win talent and this is what he's done with them. And it wasn't just bad luck. He makes bad lineups, bad decisions with starting pitchers, handles the bullpen poorly and makes other bad in-game decisions.

I'd say it basically comes down to how we've pitched this season. We've got a better lineup this season, although guys like Pods and Uribe have regressed, while our SP's just haven't gotten the job done.

If they had, then yeah we'd probably be a 100+ win team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Uribe continues his impeccable defensive season. With Ichiro running, you have to make sure you get the out at 2nd.

Thats more Paulie's fault than Uribe's, but just my opinion.