Box Office Boffo 4 Borat!!!!!

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 4, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
On rottentomatoes.com, 120 positive reviews vs 5 negative reviews. Higher rating than Departed.

Why did Fox choose to limit the screens so much on opening weekend?

From what I read, they weren't confident about positive Internet buzz.

I personally don't see the appeal of Borat (I've seen a ton of stuff on the Web and I haven't laughed yet), but it's doing very well.

This would be one of the funniest movies ever made to somebody that hasnt watched much of the ali g show,but for those who have seen some much of Borat on the internet and HBO ,there is nothing new in this movie that is going to have you in stitches.I knew 75% of the movie from what i seen on clips.But i still laughed because the man is a genious.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 4, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
After Snakes on a Plane only got 15 mil its opening weekend, I think they were afraid the internet was an empty echo chamber.

Also, IIRC, wasn't most of the hype for SOAP months before it was released? All the hype I have been hearing about Borat started a lot closer to its release.

QUOTE(shipps @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
This would be one of the funniest movies ever made to somebody that hasnt watched much of the ali g show,but for those who have seen some much of Borat on the internet and HBO ,there is nothing new in this movie that is going to have you in stitches.I knew 75% of the movie from what i seen on clips.But i still laughed because the man is a genious.

I love Borat and I will see this film on Friday.

My hype came from the early Ali G show days, just browsing an HBO free preview bored one Sunday night, and laughed my ass off. Heard about the movie a while ago and it was definately worth the wait! Yes, he is advertising a lot, a little surprised about all the hype (but it delivers with the movie, so the reviews show that), but it's not like you had to watch the episodes to get it.

I want to see it again. Here's some epsidoe flashbacks to wet your appetite :cheers

Pretty quality film. I've been huge into Cohen for awhile now and I was a little worried that this movie would suck after the suckfest that was Da Ali G movie. This was a hell of a lot better. Still, Borat and all the characters are at their best when in interview mode.

There is also going to be a Bruno movie for those interested, for which filming is beginnign shortly.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=...ens_bruno_movie