2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
The Cubs are off to a fantastic start this game. Down 3-0 to the Astros in the first.

I can pretend that I don't care about what happens on the north side but when I hear things like this I smile inside.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)
Jeff Weaver is solid.

Why do teams overpay for Cardinals pitchers? Dave Duncan is a god. To bad the Sox couldn't get him............

Kip Wells will get $10M a year next year and Bradon Looper $10M if they stay healthy.

Weaver is making Contrearas Opening Day line look really good.

I like watching the little ball on ESPN Gameday

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
To all those idiots who believe Cubs fans don't care about us, take a look at Carlos Lee. He's getting booed like hell every time he bats or catches a ball this series, and they ain't booing him for what he did with the Brewers.

They are booing him becasue weather it was with the Brewers or Sox, he kills the cubs and blew them off in the offseason to sign with the Astros. cub fans feel every player should sign with them if they want such player.

This radio broadcast hurts my ears.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
They are booing him becasue weather it was with the Brewers or Sox, he kills the cubs and blew them off in the offseason to sign with the Astros. cub fans feel every player should sign with them if they want such player.

This radio broadcast hurts my ears.

yeah, they were booing him today, and then he knocked in a run with a base hit. Awesome.

Also, yesterday, he taunted the left field bleachers a bit. He acted like he was going to throw a ball to them, faked it and then didn't do it. Also awesome.

The morons get all gassed up and Ronny gets excited because there is a man on first and two outs and a 3-2 pitch..................swing and a miss.

This keeps the day moving at work but these guys are really tough to listen to.

The fans, oh the fans, greatest in the world.

Chris Sampson is pulled after 5 innings and allowed a whole 4 runners and threw 64 pitches, 40 for strikes. Is he not a starter or something , the guy hasn't broken a sweat. Although this could be why Garner sucks.

I do not expect any type of insite from Ron and Pat, they are to busy telling us how great the fans are.

Rick White is pitching and 'The Rebel' Randy Hundley is in the booth. I gotta turn this off...

Once again, the National League sucks. The Royals and Tampa would compete for a playoff spot.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Anyone want to do a little pool...The day when the fans destroy Wrigley Field after spending in excess of 300 million on this S*it team.

They can go on the every popular Wrigley Field tour and trash the place.

Attendance 35K, "a-lot of no-shows" no winner in the Square Deal attendance game, damn. Ig from Orland can play again next time though. Thanks pat.

Lidge warming, sweet.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)

Attendance 35K, "a-lot of no-shows" no winner in the Square Deal attendance game, damn. Ig from Orland can play again next time though. Thanks pat.

Lidge warming, sweet.

God I love listening to the Cubs lose on the radio.....

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)

Lidge warming, sweet.

35K? Wow, when was the last time the Cubs didn't sell out on the 2nd game of the season?

Pinella was saying before the game, that his team wont do good until the weather heats up. He told his GM that if they had to play in under 40s weather, that they wouldnt be that good. That they are a power only team, and they hit a lot of fly balls. Maybe he forgot the memo that Wrigley plays like a big park until summer and then turns into a small park. Hence why pitching is a requirement to succed in wrigley.

Edited by southsideirish71