2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oriole Jay Payton may start the season on the DL.

Pirate Freddy Sanchez may start the season on the DL.

Met reliever Duaner Sanchez is out until at least August with a hairline fracture in his throwing shoulder. That is a big blow to the Mets staff.

The Padres are going to release Todd Walker. Can he play catcher?

Jim Edmunds made his first ST appearance, and may be ready for the opener.

Carl Pavano could be the Yankees opening day starter.

I was listening to the Mets/Dodgers game yesterday night and they said Sandy was going to announce his retirement this week. I wonder if the Sox call him up or if they stick with Molina and his defense.

I saw Chris Stewart play in game for the Rangers on Saturday, but I actually didn't think Molina looked all that bad.

The Marlins have decided on 22yr old Alejandro De Aza as their opening day CFer, he's looked great this spring(.359/.372/.550) in 40ABs, 1BB/4SO 4sb 2cs.

He will be batting 8th in the order, hes also a rule 5 draftee('04) from the dodgers.

wish this kid the best of luck and i'm hoping he can preform like Uggla :)

Anyone watching this Baseball Tonight fantasy draft special? there is a guy on here, don't know his name, but damn he is arrogant and cocky. When referring to a Ravech comment said, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut." Seemed to be pissing a few of the regulars off.

Erig Gagne is going to start the season on the DL to give himself a little more recovery time. He also took out a 1/2 page thank you ad in the LA Times today addressed to fans of him while he was with the Dodgers.

A's 1st baseman Dan Johnson tore cartiledge in his hip and will start the season on the DL.

The Angels signed Scot Shields to a 3 year, $14.6 million extension running through 2010. SO FOLKS, THEY'RE NOT TRADING HIM.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)
One Former Sox Player suprisingly makes the Mariners: Jamie Burke

One Former Sox Player suprisingly gets sent to the Minors: Jeremy Reed.

Congrats Burke... just don't block the plate without keeping an eye on the runner.

Chris Stewart made the Rangers too

One person who I was suprised to see on an opening day roster is Brandon Morrow with Seattle. I thought they would let him start in the minors.