2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
is Matsuzaka's first name actually pronounced "Dice-K" or does everybody just call him that because they think they're cool?

A friend of mine walked up to me and asked "What did you think of Dice-K?" Long story short... I'm not his friend anymore.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
is Matsuzaka's first name actually pronounced "Dice-K" or does everybody just call him that because they think they're cool?

Its sure as hell easier to spell Dice K than Daisuke Matsuzaka. No?

Yes I think Im cool. :P :shades

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 05:37 AM)
Get back to us a couple weeks from now.

I said this in the game thread the other day. Lilly will dominate the NL until it gets hot out and the wind starts blowing out. Until then, he'll eat teams up with his high fastball against players that haven't faced him before. Marquis usually starts off well, and then gets shelled when the ball starts jumping also.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:02 PM)
They did a segment on K-Rod last night on BBTN. Orel Hershiser claimed it was nothing and pitchers have been doing this type of thing for the longest.

I was really worried that Bobby was cheating when he first came up. In his first games he already had that white spot on the back of his hat even though he didn't have enough time in a big league uni to make the claim that those were salt rings from sweat. He always touches the back of his hat and then his brim in between pitches.

I don't think they were ever supposed to be salt rings from sweat, the spot is from the rosin bag, and the constant touching of the back of his cap.

I noticed yesterday is hat is spot clean since the season just started, and he doesn't quite look the same.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
is Washington considered the worst team in baseball?

they are being one hit by the DBacks going into the 9th

People have suggested they may set records for losses this year.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
is Washington considered the worst team in baseball?

they are being one hit by the DBacks going into the 9th

That pitcher going against them...it was his first career start...but he has not lost in 20 consecutive decisions, stretching all the way back to the beginning of last year in AA ball.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
People have suggested they may set records for losses this year.

when you go into ST with one definite starter in your rotation, it can't be a good year.