2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
Joe Mauer has something called a 'stress reaction' in his leg

not a good thing for a catcher I would think

http://www.startribune.com/509/story/1072702.html

That "something" is the diagnosis that always preceded Frank Thomas' departure from the lineup for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Ya, now that you said that, I'm about 95 percent sure that's right.

This is Kalapse were talking about. With that sneaky bastard you can never be so sure but that was the first name that popped into my head. I thought he was too light to be Damaso.

Edited by SoxAce

SoxAce is the smartest of the lot of ya. It was D'Angelo Jiminez. He and Carlos look a lot alike, they're basically the same face (with iminez having a thinner face), facial hair included.

Another easy one:

whoami2sz8.jpg

Who am I?

Seeing as this thread has gone ot hell in a handbasket I thought I'd do a little vent.

Mark Prior is now on his way to the rotation and Cy Young according to Comcast. Well all I saw was he was lucky to get out of the first and third and weather conditions favored the pitcher greatly.

Oh well back to Pictionary.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Seeing as this thread has gone ot hell in a handbasket I thought I'd do a little vent.

Mark Prior is now on his way to the rotation and Cy Young according to Comcast. Well all I saw was he was lucky to get out of the first and third and weather conditions favored the pitcher greatly.

Oh well back to Pictionary.

I watched some of his outing yesterday, and his fastball was being clocked at 79 mph to start the game. It took 3 pitches for the Cubs announcers to start making excuses about the radar gun, etc. The scary thing for Prior is that he's always been a high ball pitcher, and those 84 mph high fastballs go a long way.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 08:50 AM)
I watched some of his outing yesterday, and his fastball was being clocked at 79 mph to start the game. It took 3 pitches for the Cubs announcers to start making excuses about the radar gun, etc. The scary thing for Prior is that he's always been a high ball pitcher, and those 84 mph high fastballs go a long way.

Seriously, low 80's still, even when he's h aving good outings?

Maybe it's time for him to pick up the knuckleball.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 10:12 AM)
The gun at the cubs game topped prior out at 94 mph on one of his fatballs. Of course the scout's guns were totally different saying he sat at 84-86 mph and topped at 88-89.

Wonder why their gun was so off??

I read that in the Sun Times. You figure either the Cubs are intent on dealing Prior (which I believe is a poor decision) or attempting to appease the baseball retarded with some imaginary 92-94 mph fastballs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
The gun at the cubs game topped prior out at 94 mph on one of his fatballs. Of course the scout's guns were totally different saying he sat at 84-86 mph and topped at 88-89.

Wonder why their gun was so off??

I only saw the Comcat hilights and they were falling all over themselves. I wonder if this was the same gun that clocked Jenks at 111 MPH over the weekend.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
I only saw the Comcat hilights and they were falling all over themselves. I wonder if this was the same gun that clocked Jenks at 111 MPH over the weekend.

I could probly throw a 85 MPH fastball with the way this gun sounds.

now if only I could do that left-handed with a decent breaking ball