Conservative or Liberal?

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)

A couple of the questions sucked. For example the Which will do more to reduce crime? Prisons help after a crime is committed, not before.

But, at least in California for example, the prisons out here are so overcrowded that its impossible to keep anyone except the worst offenders in jail for the duration of their terms, and the overcrowding itself tends to harden people (like 6 people to a cell or something like that, you can imagine how effective that is for rehabilitation). So you have a system where people get put into conditions bad enough to promoke riots, and then get back onto the street well before their terms are over.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
But, at least in California for example, the prisons out here are so overcrowded that its impossible to keep anyone except the worst offenders in jail for the duration of their terms, and the overcrowding itself tends to harden people (like 6 people to a cell or something like that, you can imagine how effective that is for rehabilitation). So you have a system where people get put into conditions bad enough to promoke riots, and then get back onto the street well before their terms are over.

I hadn't considered that, good points.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
25 is dead on for me. Center but leaning right.

I don't think the religious right is ruining america, but robertson is an extremist.

Same here. Actually both were in my book, but Pat gets more press.

13.... thats probably about right.

I have a few problems with some of those questions though... like the one about whether we should research AIDS because it affects more younger people than Heart Disease. That seems silly. I don't think that question is an indicator of any ideology