Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 08:57 AM)
If I comment this is me--> :chair

Add in some of this too :bang :fight :stick :whip :angry: :booty :crying

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
It's currently 11 below in Streamwood, that's 9:20 with full sun and not taking into effect wind, 11 below. This is completely out of control.

Windchills made it feel like 30 below zero.

God I hate winter.

We got a dog Saturday!!! He is half german shepherd and half black lab. Our friend was going to take him to the no-kill shelter by us but we decided to take him and give it a try (see if he could acclimate to the house and us or not). So far, so good. His name is/was Mooka so we decided to change it to Pooka (based on http://www.irelandseye.com/paddy3/preview2.htm ).

I leave for Philly early tomorrow morning though :( .

Oh and I almost totalled my car. I looked away for a split second and some idiot in front of the car that was in front of me slammed the brakes for no reason (no one was in front of them). Turns out the lady in front of me works in the same building I do and rode the elevator with me. She told me good driving in avoiding her and confirmed what I saw - the moron in front of us stopped for no reason. I am so angry at myself, but at least I recovered in time to avoid what would have been a horrible wreck.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 12:37 PM)
It will be in the upper 70's low 80's out here today. Yesterday apparently it got into the 90's some places.

Yep.

Yesterday and today are probably the most perfect weather days since I've been out here. Clear, blue skies, sunny, 80's and no wind.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
It will be in the upper 70's low 80's out here today. Yesterday apparently it got into the 90's some places.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Yep.

Yesterday and today are probably the most perfect weather days since I've been out here. Clear, blue skies, sunny, 80's and no wind.

Screw you all. :snow

:P

Coldest it's ever been in Iowa was -47 in February of 1996. I went out that day to see if I could pee and see it freeze before it hit the ground. It didn't. I think it was right around -40 at my house.

The coldest I've ever been would be probably -17 air temperature....coldest wind chills were probably around -50.

Needless to say, it's still friggin cold. You just know there's people on a college campus from like Florida or Texas delighted to see winter and snow for the first time. I hope they're happy.

My first winter in Bismarck, we had a week of snowing, blowing, and temperatures in the -30 range, and I think it touched -40 too. The worst was that my dad was out of town that week, and I got stuck shoveling in the morning, every morning.

Week.from.hell(freezing over).